Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Who owns an orange Turbo SS from the Danbury CT area?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 02:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who owns an orange Turbo SS from the Danbury CT area?

A few summers back I met a guy with a turbo SS in the Starbucks parking lot off of exit 4 on I-84 near Danbury,CT. At the time I was in my dark green 93' Eagle Talon TSi on pump gas and 21psi.
Anyway,we got off to a bad start the first time. The 2nd and 3rd he said he was getting knock so he shut down. I don't think he was lying but I think the lead I took off the launch detered him from staying in it.
It was a very nice car. I think it had factory chrome wheels and I know it had a nice front mount I/C. If I remember correctly it was orange with stripes. He claimed it had 650rwhp. I'm bad with names but I never forget a face or a car.
Anyone know this car?

Last edited by Blue72; 11-09-2009 at 09:49 AM.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:02 PM
TECH Resident

havent seen that car in my neck of the woods.
Old 11-07-2009, 09:59 AM
Teching In

Anyone?
Now that I've been thinking about it,I think I heard them say they drove quite a distance. However they were definately from CT.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:23 AM
11 Second Club

Do people still hang out at Starbucks.. I'm like 10 min from there and have not stoped by in like 2 years
Old 11-07-2009, 05:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Haha, i saw this race.. Was pretty bad ***. Thats my bud John's Camaro. 650HP? Dunno what your talking about thats how fast all SS's are stock... Anyhow yea, if he said he was getting knock he prob was. John's a strait up guy and wouldn't mind going down to a faster car. **** last time i ran him he still kinda stayed close while i was WOT so it wouldn't seem like he could blow me outta the water.

Still got the DSM?
Old 11-08-2009, 04:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Joe, haven't seen you on in awhile. You getting your car back together? Any new plans?

May have a future SS owner down the street from you. It looks like he's finally ditching the 4.6 world for an LSx.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:13 PM
TECH Regular

Ya i have seen that car.. i think it has a phamspeed kit with a gts 76 mm on it.. small cam as well i think he said it made 661rwhp at eastside..
Old 11-08-2009, 09:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Mssingkid
Haha, i saw this race.. Was pretty bad ***. Thats my bud John's Camaro. 650HP? Dunno what your talking about thats how fast all SS's are stock... Anyhow yea, if he said he was getting knock he prob was. John's a strait up guy and wouldn't mind going down to a faster car. **** last time i ran him he still kinda stayed close while i was WOT so it wouldn't seem like he could blow me outta the water.

Still got the DSM?
Yeah,I still have that one. This is my new toy though. It's gone 9.40's. Makes around 1,000whp now.Should hopefully put down some 8 sec passes in the spring.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:02 PM
Teching In

Still got the DSM?
Your from Carmel? You must know my buddy Jay Card. He was there.He heard the guy say it had 650. My Talon was on pump gas that night making 384whp on 21psi on all season radials.

Last edited by Blue72; 11-09-2009 at 09:48 AM.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:56 AM
Teching In

Does anyone have video of that "race" ? LOL
I remember it looked like a scene from F & F. There was a good 200 people in the park & ride with phones out snapping shots and taking video. I just never bothered to get it on video. Everyone I went with was too busy BS'ing with other people.LOL
Old 11-09-2009, 12:04 PM
Teching In

Here she is.

Old 11-09-2009, 05:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NHRATA01
Joe, haven't seen you on in awhile. You getting your car back together? Any new plans?

May have a future SS owner down the street from you. It looks like he's finally ditching the 4.6 world for an LSx.
HEY!

Long time no see! How's the little one? Car is back together. Forged motor, new heads and cam etc.. Still haven't to finish up a few little things and get it tuned.. It was finished up in the spring, but i think i've put 500 miles on it since then.

Rocky's going to have an LSx, awesome! Another one joins the dark side!

Hows your car holding up?
Old 11-09-2009, 05:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Blue72
Yeah,I still have that one. This is my new toy though. It's gone 9.40's. Makes around 1,000whp now.Should hopefully put down some 8 sec passes in the spring.
Sick Car! Yea those DSM's have tons of potential. There was an evo @ starbucks this summer that was claiming 500+, but i didn't see him run anyone.

Yea, it was like a scene out of F&F, 200 + people lined up and down the road. Crazy race. John did make 650+ on a dyno, but i'm pretty sure that was on race fuel and some pretty high boost. On the street it was a bit more conservative. Couldn't tell you what he was running that night, but i had driven it earlier that night and on low boost it would roast the tires.. Car is a beast. The Camaro has since had some open heart surgery, but i'm not at liberty to say what.

I'll direct him to this thread.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Joe called me to lemme know I had a reason to come on Tech. I have had the car apart since that year. I started a big project with it redoing everything and just overdid my patience. I finished most of it in a few months and just got burnt out on it.
I am hoping that I get the desire to finish it up this winter. Just some wiring and and a tune left. But everytime I go into the garage I get sick from seeing it and leave it alone. Been talking to people lately about car stuff and maybe that will get me to finish it. I hope!!

As far as that night we "raced". I am the kinda guy that will try to race on a dead horse. That night I have 2 holes in the passenger head gasket, I was able to see steam coming out at idle but still I **** around. I have no idea why I do these things but I do. After that It ran great till I took it apart.
It seems though that i might have missed my time. I was one of the few people around making alot of power. Now that "alot" of power is middle of the road and the 1k im shooting for is not uncommon. So im disappointed in that as well.
Oh well. Hope to see ya out there!

John
Old 11-10-2009, 08:15 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 99SS-T
Joe called me to lemme know I had a reason to come on Tech. I have had the car apart since that year. I started a big project with it redoing everything and just overdid my patience. I finished most of it in a few months and just got burnt out on it.
I am hoping that I get the desire to finish it up this winter. Just some wiring and and a tune left. But everytime I go into the garage I get sick from seeing it and leave it alone. Been talking to people lately about car stuff and maybe that will get me to finish it. I hope!!

As far as that night we "raced". I am the kinda guy that will try to race on a dead horse. That night I have 2 holes in the passenger head gasket, I was able to see steam coming out at idle but still I **** around. I have no idea why I do these things but I do. After that It ran great till I took it apart.
It seems though that i might have missed my time. I was one of the few people around making alot of power. Now that "alot" of power is middle of the road and the 1k im shooting for is not uncommon. So im disappointed in that as well.
Oh well. Hope to see ya out there!

John
It was a bad night for both of us.I was'nt really looking to run that night either.I had swapped the OEM gearbox back into the car as a result of a broken shift rail. After I got mine home that night it took a dump on me too. It had jumped timing due to a cracked keyway in the crank pulley. The car went 11.03 @ 130mph on that tune. But that night it felt like something was wrong. As I suspected I was right. Oh well,it was still fun.
Remember that little mishap about when we were going. I thought you said the next green light and when it went green I was sitting there picking my nose watching you take off as I sat there,lol.
**** happens,what are you gonna' do.

Last edited by Blue72; 05-13-2010 at 08:53 AM.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

HEY!

Long time no see! How's the little one? Car is back together. Forged motor, new heads and cam etc.. Still haven't to finish up a few little things and get it tuned.. It was finished up in the spring, but i think i've put 500 miles on it since then.

Rocky's going to have an LSx, awesome! Another one joins the dark side!

Hows your car holding up?
2 little ones now actually, lol.

Glad to hear you're back up and running...you've had some rough luck with that thing.

I did OK this year, ran at LVD once in the spring once in the fall. Clutch is going out and I'd like to dump my 7 year old headers for some nice 1 7/8 Kooks or A/R's. So planning to do both over the winter.

Yeah Rocky sold the Stang last week, has a bead on a few SS's so he may have an LSx before year's end!

Good hearing from ya, maybe you can join us for an LVD trip next year sometime.