Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

new tires

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 10:05 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default new tires

just got some new tires and figured id throw a review on here.

got the new Continental ExtremeContact DWS in the stock 275/40zr17 size.

first impressions are that the tire has a nice look to it. cool tread pattern.... different than the norm. it also has a very light weight at only 26lbs which is good for everything. i am going from the stock goodyear f1 gs tires. these new contis ride more comfortable but at the same time take the turns a little better than before. Dry traction is also a little better and wet traction is much better. I figured I'd review these because they are so new and I dont think anyone else on these forums has them yet. For all 4 on tire rack it costed $592 with shipping and tax and finally an all season tire that performs as good or better than many summer tires. For people who dont live in the northeast they can get the ExtremeContact DW tires which are 1 pound lighter and for summer only. Both tires have really good reviews on tire rack and compete in the same class as the Michelin Pilot Sport Ps2 and the Pirelli Pzeros and score almost the same in all the tests but at half the price. Cant beat that. Only tire I wanted more than this one was the Goodyear F1 GSD3 cause they look sweet but they are too expensive and id be screwed if it was flurrying outside.

Last edited by Siciliano15; 11-07-2009 at 12:55 PM.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:17 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any update after a few months? Thanks for the original post.