Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

How much are those mods worth??

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 02:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much are those mods worth??

Im selling off my car, but im doing those three things before I do and im wondering how much power will they be worth in total.

- installing cutouts on the baby 2.5inch downpipe.

- meth injection

- dumping wastegate to atmosphere, instead of recirculating them in the 2.5inch pipe.

this on 1bar of boost.

how much are those three mods worth, combined. Im guessing 150-200rwhp, can someone confirm?
Old 11-09-2009, 02:51 AM
TECH Resident

damn, here goes a bump...
Old 11-09-2009, 07:19 AM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ayousef
Im selling off my car, but im doing those three things before I do and im wondering how much power will they be worth in total.

- installing cutouts on the baby 2.5inch downpipe.

- meth injection

- dumping wastegate to atmosphere, instead of recirculating them in the 2.5inch pipe.

this on 1bar of boost.

how much are those three mods worth, combined. Im guessing 150-200rwhp, can someone confirm?
You have two 2.5" down pipes, right? If so, the amount of gains thru the cutouts will depend on how restrictive your exhaust is currently. Do you have cats? Are you going thru a chambered muffler?

Meth injection is not nitrous. Your gains will depend on how hot your charge temps are now vs when you put it on. It will allow some additional timing if you aren't already running race gas.

Dumping the gate to atmosphere does not gain power. All it does is to help the wastegate better control the boost as there is no back pressure for it to fight against.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:45 AM
TECH Resident

I was looking for ballpark figures of typical hp gains for those mods, thx for telling me that meth aint nos that was helpful?

I'm asking typical gains for meth at 1bar of boost and my IAT is going well beyond 150F

2.5inch on a 427 there must be a good deal of HP lost in there, and I'm willing to run dump the exhaust 3feet after the turbo

The power coming from dumping the gates to the atmosphere was actually in reducing backpressure in the downpipe itself

Now any ideas??

Originally Posted by 98Z28CobraKiller
You have two 2.5" down pipes, right? If so, the amount of gains thru the cutouts will depend on how restrictive your exhaust is currently. Do you have cats? Are you going thru a chambered muffler?

Meth injection is not nitrous. Your gains will depend on how hot your charge temps are now vs when you put it on. It will allow some additional timing if you aren't already running race gas.

Dumping the gate to atmosphere does not gain power. All it does is to help the wastegate better control the boost as there is no back pressure for it to fight against.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You may be a little optimistic at 150-200hp.
I'm picking 50-75 rwhp.

Quick Reply: How much are those mods worth??