Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Help with LS3 air build!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 02:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with LS3 air build!

hey guys,
new to the site and the ls world. im already hooked. well i have a 08 vette ls3 with 6 speed auto. I want the ultimate street setup. I will go to the track every now and them, but mainly want a strong street car. The car is bone stock right now. I'm thinking a d1sc or maybe a f1. I will of course do the headers and mid pipe and might keep the stock npp cat back. I want a nice sized blower cam with this setup. Nothing to radical for the street though. So thats headers, mid section pipe, cam, and charger. Also what size injectors would be ideal for this setup. I will be putting this on a stock motor for right now. i will eventually build a motor for it, but i need something RIGHT NOW!!! i did a search on a similar setup and there are a couple of built motors putting down 750-800 hp with the d1 with a good bit of boost. I know the stock motor will only handle 9psi or so everyday. Im just looking for suggestions on a setup. well thanks in advance james
Old 11-09-2009, 06:16 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A&A makes my favorite supercharger kit for your car and IMO the best of every component. You can upgrade to the YSi and make up to 1000rwhp. Make sure you upgrade to the 8-rib pulley system. You will smoke your trans at around 550rwhp. Build that up at RPM transmission.