Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Something for "Firebird Friends" on Veterans Day....from Scott Settlemire

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 05:37 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Something for "Firebird Friends" on Veterans Day....from Scott Settlemire

How to say Thank You
From: "scott.settlemire@gm.com" <scott.settlemire@gm.com>
To: Camaro/Firebird2009@gm.com

Good morning, Camaro Comrades and Firebird Friends!

On Wednesday, November 11th, and again on Monday, November 16, we will show our respect and our thanks -- and memorialize those who have given so much so that we (that's you and me) can live in a free society.

Yes-- Veterans Day - formerly known as "Armistice Day" (...in the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month....) is celebrated each year -- and we must never forget!

Please -- make it a point to say "Thank You" to those who are serving --and also to those who HAVE served.

Most of you know that I travel a lot. I see so many of our men and women in uniform in airports.

I try to say 'Thank You' whenever I get the chance. However, sometimes it can be awkward - you don't want to interupt or disturb.

Sooooo...........how do you say 'Thank You' without feeling that you're imposing?

Our Camaro Comrade, Jan Mellor sends the following link -- and I hope you'll share this with your friends, family, and club members -- as well as sharing with the various Enthusiast sites that you frequent.

Several businesses are honoring our Active Duty Men and Women as well as Veterans:

•Applebee's. Applebee's is offering a free entree on Wednesday to veterans and all active-duty military from 11 a.m. to midnight at all 1,900 locations. Although Applebee's requests some kind of military ID, "We're not going to argue with folks who might forget to bring it," says Sam Rothschild, senior vice president of operations.

•McCormick & Schmick's. For the 11th year in a row, the 87 locations in 25 states are offering free entrees to veterans on Sunday. The chain also requests military ID and highly recommends reservations. The promotion is on Sunday instead of Veterans Day, "because it allows vets to bring their families who might not be available during the week," CEO Bill Freeman says.

•Golden Corral. The 485-unit chain is offering free buffet meals — including beverage and dessert — to current military and vets on Monday, Nov. 16, from 5 to 9 p.m. No military ID is required for its ninth annual Military Appreciation Monday, says Dolly Mercer, national events manager. The event is held on this date, she says, "so we don't interfere with Veterans Day activities."

•Outback Steakhouse offers a free Bloomin' Onion appetizer and beverage to past and present military members on Wednesday,

•Krispy Kreme has free doughnuts.

•Home Depot and Lowe's are offering a 10% discount to military and veterans.

Kudos to each of these businesses-- so the next time you're thinking about going out for lunch or dinner? Please consider one of these restaurants -- and when you DO - -make SURE you tell them "Thank You for recognizing our Military!"

.......I hope we (that's you and me) will make a positive impact on their bottom line so that they do it EVERY Veteran's Day.

Quick Reply: Something for "Firebird Friends" on Veterans Day....from Scott Settlemire