Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

You guys with Halo headlights for the Camaro... I have an alignment question

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 06:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default You guys with Halo headlights for the Camaro... I have an alignment question

Hey guys, I just got a pair of Halo's for my Camaro. Got them set in there and dicked with them for about 2 hours and I cannot, for the life of me, get them to line up right with no gaps around them... How are you guys doing it? Or do everybody's halos just look like crap?

Any help is appreciated!
Old 11-09-2009, 07:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 98RedBird
Or do everybody's halos just look like crap?
yes.... well, from my experience, and from what i've heard from several others with halos, you either have them set where they line up pretty decent, and have them practically pointing directly at the ground. or have them not lined up so nice, but atleast be able to see good when your driving at night. the first set of halos i had did fit better than the ones im running now though. but either way, even when you think it looks bad, youll get used to it after 5 minutes and you'll never even think about it. its not soomething where everyone who looks at the car is gonna be like "damm, what the hell is wrong with your lights?" -theyll just be a little off. - i actually just went out and looked at mine and they're lined up pretty good and pointed where i can see good as well. it just takes time.

Last edited by crimson_bird; 11-09-2009 at 07:53 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:50 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Selling the Stockers?
Old 11-09-2009, 08:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

You might be able to put a spacer on the bottom peg that goes between the housing and the bracket. I know on the projector halos you can do that to fill in that gap.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
yes.... well, from my experience, and from what i've heard from several others with halos, you either have them set where they line up pretty decent, and have them practically pointing directly at the ground. or have them not lined up so nice, but atleast be able to see good when your driving at night. the first set of halos i had did fit better than the ones im running now though. but either way, even when you think it looks bad, youll get used to it after 5 minutes and you'll never even think about it. its not soomething where everyone who looks at the car is gonna be like "damm, what the hell is wrong with your lights?" -theyll just be a little off. - i actually just went out and looked at mine and they're lined up pretty good and pointed where i can see good as well. it just takes time.
what did you do with your clear turn signals?
Old 11-09-2009, 09:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by bobbyd
what did you do with your clear turn signals?
nothing...there just sitting here in the garage
Old 11-09-2009, 10:39 PM
TECH Addict

Is there a difference in using stock brackets versus the one's they supply? I mean it's the same housing correct. So if the stockers fit, then these should fit too using the same brackets...

Last edited by 98RedBird; 11-09-2009 at 11:08 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:02 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 98RedBird
Is there a difference in using stock brackets versus the one's they supply? I mean it's the same housing correct. So if the stockers fit, then these should fit too using the same brackets...
never thought about trying that...then again, i sold my stockers as soon as i bought my first set of halos. sold them for almost $400 to somebody in saudi arabia. so i never really had a chance
Old 11-10-2009, 01:22 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
never thought about trying that...then again, i sold my stockers as soon as i bought my first set of halos. sold them for almost $400 to somebody in saudi arabia. so i never really had a chance
Nice profit on those. Damn. That's like GM retail for them lol...

Anyways, I figure the stockers should be setup correctly just to swap over and everything should fit just fine if they're the same housings... Just a thought.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

someone made a "fix" for this. try using the search for it, if i remember correctly they just added a spacer behind the headlight
Old 11-10-2009, 09:40 PM
TECH Addict

Well, just to update, I used the stock brackets and fiddled with them a bit and they are MUCH better now. Fit every bit as well as stock.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

try doing a search under my name, and look for the eagle eye fix, i went through 3 sets of these before i got it right...
Old 11-10-2009, 11:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

here you go https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...e-gap-fix.html

Quick Reply: You guys with Halo headlights for the Camaro... I have an alignment question