Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Yup I finally did it, Purchased a 08 C6Z06 Atomic Orange!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 09:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Yup I finally did it, Purchased a 08 C6Z06 Atomic Orange!

Sorry for the delay....
I didnt take the time to update everyone to officially say that I purchased the 2008 Atomic Orange C6Z06 Saturday November 7th.
It was one hell of a trip to go get it and had alot of fun and great stories. C5kid on here went with me. Figured he found my 2000 FRC for me on corvetteforum that what better than to have him along for the next purchase. He's always been a great friend and level minded/headed with things... and he has HP tuners to check for codes
The car is great, smooth accelleration alot of torque down low, nice interior for the most part, quiet! LOL! Brakes like a freaking machine and steering like a big gocart.
Not looking to do alot of mods yet. Need to getter looking really pretty like a good waxer would do. I want to get every drop of performance out of the car and hone my driving skills with the new whip before any changes. Gonna try to be a little more methodical with this run. Either way I'm happy to have ragtopws6/LS123/Rick Kim to help me out at Crisswell Chevy with any issues I have and assure me that the car will be a smooth well engineered machine. I wouldnt know what i'd do w/o his help.
Right now most importantly the car needs some tires in the rear cause she's got 21,290miles and they are the originals at about 2/32nds and dont hook up for crap in 1st/2nd/3rd. Cold old bald tires on cold streets is no fun. Can't run the car out hard to see how well it runs and pratice a little. I'll keep everyone updated as I progress with the car. I'm going to see what i can do to get the car to the track this year, weighed, and dynoed for a base to start improving upon.
Hopefully I can grow up and be like my C6Z idle Gary2004Z06!:thumbs:
Old 11-09-2009, 09:07 PM
11 Second Club

Oh now your good enough to start posting again????? What you gotta buy a new car to pop back up?? lol I know smart ***...j/k glad to see you back in the game,,, but anyway who did you sell the wife to so you can buy the car?? I may try to rent her for a night if she is available.....he he he j/k
Old 11-09-2009, 09:11 PM
10 Second Club

Cool

I just posted over to your thread on CF so umm, I have nothing else to say here LOL.

Congrats dude.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:31 PM
11 Second Club

Congrats are you coming down to Cecil on Saturday
Old 11-09-2009, 09:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had to switch weekends to have off this past weekend so regretfully I wont be able to make it to superstallions of the net race
Old 11-09-2009, 09:40 PM
Launching!

Once again (in case you didn't hear it the last 23 times I told you between Saturday and tonight at wings)... you Bruce, are a bastard. The End.

P.S. - I will probably be browsing C5 classifieds on CF again tonight before bed whilst touching myself and trying to figure out how to get my loan down enough on the G so I can trade 'er in on a Vitt and get back into the LS1 game lol.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:55 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Zturd
I had to switch weekends to have off this past weekend so regretfully I wont be able to make it to superstallions of the net race
Ahhh call out sick cough cough oink
Old 11-09-2009, 10:00 PM
9 Second Club

You know pics of the ***** extension!!!!!!
Old 11-09-2009, 10:04 PM
11 Second Club

lmfao
Old 11-09-2009, 10:05 PM
FormerVendor

Congrats man. Got to do headers, vararam, and tune to start off with. A couple bolt ons never hurt nobody.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:14 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by highflyin
Congrats man. Got to do headers, vararam, and tune to start off with. A couple bolt ons never hurt nobody.
Skip all that BS stuff......... JUST PUT A HUFFER ON IT AND BE DONE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-09-2009, 10:32 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by mikep2002
Skip all that BS stuff......... JUST PUT A HUFFER ON IT AND BE DONE!!!!!!!!!!!
Sounds like the makings of a real HOT ROD!!!!
Old 11-09-2009, 11:43 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I get no credit
Old 11-10-2009, 06:22 AM
TECH Regular

Well it was a very intresting trip. Right from the get go, when we walked into the airport.

Zturd of course, was being himself, hitting on the cougar air stewardress, who was very STRONG!!! The flight was fast, only took an hour & 20 mins to get there, and of course we were seated AAAALLLLL the way in the back. As soon as that thing touched down we sprinted for the front so we didn't have to wait for everyone to get there damn luggage off.

Then riding the MARTA train wondering if we were goin to get mugged before we even made it to our stop. We were asked for change & cigarettes multiple times one that lovely ride through Atlanta. Then when we get off the train, just by **** luck walking up the street, the guy selling the car seen us walking & stopped to pick us up (we were suppose to meet him at the visitors center).

The guy selling knew quite a bit about cars, it was funny though, because as soon as we pulled up and got out to look at the car, we were both on the ground looking underneath, tapping at stuff, making sure nothing was F'd up. We were underneath for about 15-20mins until we started to look over the top side, & the guy was like "man you guys are looking this over WAAYYY better than some of the other ppl". Took her out for a spin, everything was good, car was tight & smooth. At one point Bruce punched it pretty good in 2nd and the car just lit them up!!! FACTORY FREAK This thing is goin to easily dyno 500+ BONE STOCK!!! LMAO, I was givin him a hard time bout this the whole way home. The car is very mechanically sound, just has big bald tires on the back.

So Bruce & this dude do the paper work, and we leave. No 2 mins into the trip we are sitting in traffic, FREAKEN Georgia Tech football game. We stop for gas & entertainment ( Hustler mag which is an even funnier story later on) This is the lovely point that the GPS informs us that we now have 704miles which will take 12 hours to dirve

We hit the highway, cruised up I85. Had the cruise set for 85-90 the majority of the time up through Georgia, SC, & NC. Only had a couple of pig scares in GA & NC. Screwed around w/ a Stalker Mustang then later a HOT ROD Harley V-Rod, was really messing around w/ us. The HD guy was NUTZ, flying through traffic just wanted to show us that thing was fast I guess.

Everything was goin good, but right around 9pm Bruce got alittle loopy on me. Guy was all tapped out, babbling & rambling on. I was like " yo boss you need a break from driving" he just looked over and gave me this nod like was about to go down any second. So we switched off for the last leg of the trip. Took Ol' Bruce all but 5 mins to tap out. So I drove through most of VA all the way back to York.

The only last scary part was goin through DC. The car has BLACKED out windows, so we're goin around the DC belt and doing 70-75 and it's like we are barely doing 25. I had cars whipping by me like I was standing still, alittle hairy when your exhausted, driving a car that tracks into EVERY POTHOLE, and you can't see what is behind or beside you. Then when we get to BWI there were freaken cop's EVERYWHERE!!! I mean swarming around from all sides & ppl are just zipping along @ 90+.

Finally we get home, and I still drove home from York to Hershey. I wasn't really tired to York, but when I started home, I remember going up 83 & getting off the Hershey exit, then there is a BIG blank & me getting outta the car. VERY SCARY, no more that ****.

Over all what an awesome trip. Glad Bruce asked me to go w/ & I'm glad he thinks I'm level headed, cause some times I go flying out into left field.

CLIFFS: Bruce ask cougar air stewadress about her tramp stamp, almost mugged on MARTA train, pick up the Hustler (car & mag), race Stalker Mustang, race V-ROD, dodge pigs & deer, Bruce gets loopy on me, I get loopy, HOME, AO Z06INSTALLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by C5kid; 11-10-2009 at 06:27 AM.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:35 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PICS!!!
Old 11-10-2009, 06:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Frans96SS
I get no credit
Sorry Forgot to mention FRAN found the car for me and brought it to my attention which was really cool on his part. I think he did it for under lying reasons though. Kinda like a bait and switch thing......"hey hey buy this car...... and we can do this THIS THAT.... OH OH AND THIS OH **** LOOK 9's!!!!!!!!!"
Old 11-10-2009, 06:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

C5kid thanks for writing all that cause I just haven't had it in me. Still kinda recovering after the entire weekend thing. Pics to come soon hopefully. Weather is being a bish here!
Old 11-10-2009, 07:56 AM
11 Second Club

Congrats I was lucky enough to get to drive a c6 z06 and they are quite a dream. Enjoy it.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:19 AM
TECH Regular

Yea, I am still recovering too. I have been beat *** tired for the past two days.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:50 AM
Banned

Well, it looks like I'll be busy! LOL. Bruce and I were talking about the mods before he even got the car! Hey Bruce, I'm going to call my company Rickshaw racing.........what do you think? LMAO. Congrats on getting the Z06 and I'm sure we will be ready for next racing season. Now post some pics!!!!!!