Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

transmission making sqeaking noise...????

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 02:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transmission making sqeaking noise...????

I've recently noticed a small squealing / sqeeking noise that seems to be coming from the internal transmission. I didn't think it was the tranny at first, but I noticed that when I put it in gear the sound goes away. It only makes the noise when in Park or Neutral.

It's a very small noise, and it doesn't always do it.....the transmission is full and clean and shifts awesome!!! Car only has 58K on it, and the trans has always been serviced around every 20-30k.

stock tranny and stock converter

Any suggestions????
Old 07-21-2010, 07:47 PM
Teching In

any resolution to this problem?
Old 07-21-2010, 10:01 PM
Banned

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by lrazer
any resolution to this problem?
Click the user profile and check the last visit, he hasn't logged on since 2/26/2010 so you probably won't get an answer.

A noise problem like this is probably something other than the transmission.
It could be loose flexplate, or converter bolts, or a cracked flexplate. But it's probably not transmission related.

Usually to isolate this problem I'd run the car, get under it and move stuff around like the exhaust, engine and trans mounts, etc. Heat shields.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:17 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 2001slppewterss
I've recently noticed a small squealing / sqeeking noise that seems to be coming from the internal transmission. I didn't think it was the tranny at first, but I noticed that when I put it in gear the sound goes away. It only makes the noise when in Park or Neutral.

It's a very small noise, and it doesn't always do it.....the transmission is full and clean and shifts awesome!!! Car only has 58K on it, and the trans has always been serviced around every 20-30k.

stock tranny and stock converter

Any suggestions????
Are you sure its not a whining noise?It sounds like it could be a bearing in the T/C.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:05 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Jays_SSZ28
Click the user profile and check the last visit, he hasn't logged on since 2/26/2010 so you probably won't get an answer.

A noise problem like this is probably something other than the transmission.
It could be loose flexplate, or converter bolts, or a cracked flexplate. But it's probably not transmission related.

Usually to isolate this problem I'd run the car, get under it and move stuff around like the exhaust, engine and trans mounts, etc. Heat shields.
I looked into mine alittle more, I removed the dust shield nothing was rubbing and all the converter bolts are still tight. It kinda sounds like when your p/s pump is low on fluid but it only does it at idle in park/neutral at once it gets to operating temp. If you put it in gear it stops and if you bring the rpm's up off idle (about 800-900rpm) it stops.

also this is a 5.3 swap into an 89 blazer, trans is a 700r4 with tci reverse manual valve body
Old 07-30-2010, 10:54 AM
Banned

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

Might be the pressure regulator buzzing.
You could let it buzz, then remove the tv cable and pull it, see if the noise changes.
It might need a land removed from the pressure regulator valve in the pump. This was a standard modification from a long time ago, seems like it should be done already.

It's really hard to say what it is without being there.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:40 PM
Teching In

i guess i'll have to give tci a call because the valve body eleminates the tv cable

Quick Reply: transmission making sqeaking noise...????