Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Sound deadening?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2003, 12:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Sound deadening?

Anybody here done it? If so what products did you use and where did you put it? Last but not least, was it effective? I was thinking of getting the "Damplifier" from:

http://www.secondskinaudio.com/secondskin.html

I wanted to use it on my doors and trunk area. Any thoughts?

Thanks

PS: Im not a stereo freak, I just want to quiet down my interior noise.
Old 12-10-2003, 07:17 PM
TECH Addict

Yes, I have dynamat in my truck. Keep in mind I have 3 sets of component speakers and 2 12" subs. I have the dynamat just on my doors. My truck is a 4 door ext cab chevy. I think it helps a lot. It really keeps the sounds inside the car and helps to prevent rattling, which drives me crazy. My system cost around 6 g's, so it was really worth it for me!
Old 12-10-2003, 08:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

I have FatMat all over my truck. I works great and it's very cheap. You do have to put up with a weird smell for about 2 weeks though.
Old 12-11-2003, 08:18 AM
TECH Addict

I bought The Damplifier from the link I posted above from a member on the other board. 50 Sq ft for 60.00!, brand new. I let you guys know my impressions after I install it. Like I mentioned, Im just gonna put in my doors and my trunk area.
Old 12-11-2003, 08:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by sleek silverado
Yes, I have dynamat in my truck. Keep in mind I have 3 sets of component speakers and 2 12" subs. I have the dynamat just on my doors. My truck is a 4 door ext cab chevy. I think it helps a lot. It really keeps the sounds inside the car and helps to prevent rattling, which drives me crazy. My system cost around 6 g's, so it was really worth it for me!
I see you have 3 sets of components. I was curious as to where did you placed your components up front.