Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Mini Spool update

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 11:44 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Mini Spool update

Mini Spool update

I installed a minispool into my 4th gen rear end (swapped into a 3rd gen). I bought an open diff case, 4.10s, mini spool and install kit for a little under $500 i believe (everything new). I didn't want to spend too much on a 7.5in rear end, but my torsen had died.

So far i've been happy with it, ~800 miles so far, lots of drift abuse and a drag trip and so far so good. Makes the tires make some noise / ratchet when doing tight turns, pulling into parking spots, etc. Only driven in the rain a few times, and i took it easy but had no problems.

Now, having said that they are not for everyone, etc. Just wanted to throw out a data point. When it breaks i will upgrade the rearend most likely.

Old 11-11-2009, 11:53 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

iam doin the same set up you have as of tommorw, i got a 3 series open carrier with the reluctor gear for 3 channle abs from a lt1 car and iam putting this in my 98 ls1 t/a 3 channle, now my problem is that the mini spool isnt sitting in properly it seems like it need shims on each side to keep the cubes in lock, i was told you cant put a mini in a 7.625 rear only a 7.5 any help would be appriciated, thanks

Quick Reply: Mini Spool update