Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Right rear "Sag" problem.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 06:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Right rear "Sag" problem.....

Okay. My right rear is sagging (according to my eye-balling). Accompanying the sag is a healthy banging when driving over road imperfections. It started after I put in my adjustable lower control arms with rod ends. My mechanic suggested it could be the lower shock mount (neither of us has inspected the vehicle yet). I've got LCA relocation brackets on, and just had a new rear sway bar installed as well. The banging only seems to occur with up and down motion (ie hitting a bump) but not when turning, or during acceleration/braking (unless hitting a bump!).

Possibilities to check out? Maybe the spring seat?
Old 11-12-2009, 06:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

well they all sag on the passenger rear pretty much... Have you tried bouncing it up and down while it is parked to see if you can recreate the banging sound
Old 11-12-2009, 06:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Its your LCA's. I also have rod ended lca's and they clunk every time the rear end tries to move, even makes noise when I launch and do burnouts. Try to tighten the **** out of them, should help slightly.
Old 11-14-2009, 06:26 AM
On The Tree

I have the same problem right now with stock rear suspension . i really hope if i go out and tighten all the bolts back there and lube everything up it stops.
Old 11-14-2009, 08:30 PM
Launching!

Mine does the same thing after a UMI adjustable LCA install. I haven't tried retightening them yet. Same clunk over bumps, still handles fine.

Quick Reply: Right rear "Sag" problem.....