Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

why do the refs suck in indy???

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 04:44 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default why do the refs suck in indy???

i have no idea i dunno if anyone else caught sportscenter today but when they replayed the 4th down conversion i saw from 7 angles that in fact keven faulk did make it.........way to blow a game refs thank you....patriots 4 lyfeeeeeeeee
Old 11-16-2009, 04:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Well, Indy is 9-0 and Pats are 6-3....I'm a Pat's fan as well, but you cannot give Manning any late game opportunities as they did....Pats made some other bad plays as well during that game. Got to give the Colts praise, as well...18 straight reg season victories, not too shabby....WJ
Old 11-16-2009, 05:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

actually if you read the rules he did in fact not make it. He did not have full possession of the foot ball when he caught it. there for placement of the ball was decided when the reciever caught the football, gained full control of the ball and then came down. where he finally gained full control over the football he came down behind the 1st down marker. it's just the same if he were to be going out of bounds. if he went out of bounds after he had his two steps they would still have to judge wether a player had full control of the football before he went down. this is why it is the NFL and not NCAA.

On a side note I am a Colts fan, how ever the Patriots were beating them and they definitely should have won the game had they not screwed up and then giving a passing interference 30 yard foul. Bellichecks(SP?) decision to go for it on 4th down was also a bad decision. I honestly thought they should have kicked. I believed as well as everyone else that showed a lack in confidence in his own defense. Both teams had messups. Especially Payton Mannings horrible interception throw that was way way off.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:51 PM
12 Second Truck Club

It wasnt a lack of confidence, If we had converted on the 4th and 2. We would have been able to run the clock down, and game over.

Also the 30 yard pass iterference call was BS the defender was playing the ball.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:32 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by JJsnowking
It wasnt a lack of confidence, If we had converted on the 4th and 2. We would have been able to run the clock down, and game over.

Also the 30 yard pass iterference call was BS the defender was playing the ball.
^ +1 on both
Old 11-16-2009, 07:08 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by JJsnowking

Lack of confidence in the defense yes. Monday night countdown is talking about it now.
It was a bad call no question. Nobody with the lead has ever made a call like that in the history of the NFL ever and nobody will ever do it again.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Can't blame the refs, every team gets calls for or against them. Regardless, defense still failed to stop the colts. You can not blame the refs for letting the colts score with 13 seconds left.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:15 PM
Banned

your coach blew the game not the refs hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Old 11-16-2009, 09:33 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by jb7241986
i have no idea i dunno if anyone else caught sportscenter today but when they replayed the 4th down conversion i saw from 7 angles that in fact keven faulk did make it.........way to blow a game refs thank you....patriots 4 lyfeeeeeeeee
That play was kind of a bad call, pat's were gonna lose that game regardless.

Couple weeks ago, 4th quarter of the vikings/pittsburg game, the tripping call on missesota, that was about the worst call I've seen all season. Guy's tumbling on the ground, someone trips on his feet that's running after Farve, he passes the ball they score, then the flag gets thrown, total

They would have also lost that game anyway... but not the way that it happened.

I don't think that the colts should have the record they do, but they were going to win anyway. I do like seeing brady fail... but I enjoy seeing the manning brothers fail more. Therefore, have no +/- to the outcome of that game.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:40 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ Being both Minnesota Fans, I was VERY disappointed in that call. I would love to call "fix" but the challange was just used to keep a catch inbounds.

Personally. Had the tripping call not come along, I think the Vikes would have held on and won the game. They did respond on that return TD but honestly was demoralized and just fucked up at the end. BUT those two 2TD's after the call should have never occured.

But thats Football.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:20 AM
9 Second Club

I think Bill Belechick had the GIANTS superbowl 4th quarter scoring drive in the back of his mind and since he was playing another Manning, he didn't want to re-live it just then.
That's why he did it!
Old 11-17-2009, 08:02 AM
Race your car!

Bottom line: Pats were really good for a few years, but they're time has passed. There's just better teams now. Belechump's pretty much yesterday's news, they caught him (not that everyone else isn't doing it I'd guess) with the whole play stealing deal a while back, which IMO the superbowl that year WAS fixed, NFL said that after that fiasco they weren't winning the whole thing that year period.

As for the manning brothers, I can't stand either one of them. Giants, I just hate them period, always have... kind of like the jets. Jets are great though, doesn't matter who they put on that team, they will bring even the best player down to the level of the jets.. fittingly, they're field is located in the meadowlands, the armpit of the country. Fitting The colts, as soon as manning is gone I'll go back to liking them, not routing for them, but at least liking them.

Minnesota's doing great this year, and as long as what's happening... I'm gonna ride the high. Christ knows we had enough bad it's about time to get a little better luck
Old 11-17-2009, 09:08 AM
9 Second Club

why hate the Giants? I don't really hate any football team or any team for that matter so I have a hard time understanding. What makes you really hate a team?
Jets fans for example, hate the Giants. I'm a Giants fan but I like the Jets too cause they are NY (nj I know)
Seems like teams that are know to fail, or to fail in big games
Jets, Mets, Eagles, Bills and teams that used to be good but now haven't really won anything in a long while-Cowboys, Minnesota, Miami etc.
All have fans that just HATE other teams. very amusing to me.
Lighten up guys. You'll win one someday.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
Bottom line: Pats were really good for a few years, but they're time has passed. There's just better teams now. Belechump's pretty much yesterday's news, they caught him (not that everyone else isn't doing it I'd guess) with the whole play stealing deal a while back, which IMO the superbowl that year WAS fixed, NFL said that after that fiasco they weren't winning the whole thing that year period.

As for the manning brothers, I can't stand either one of them. Giants, I just hate them period, always have... kind of like the jets. Jets are great though, doesn't matter who they put on that team, they will bring even the best player down to the level of the jets.. fittingly, they're field is located in the meadowlands, the armpit of the country. Fitting The colts, as soon as manning is gone I'll go back to liking them, not routing for them, but at least liking them.

Minnesota's doing great this year, and as long as what's happening... I'm gonna ride the high. Christ knows we had enough bad it's about time to get a little better luck
I dont see how that is the bottom line. Time has definitely not passed, not yet anyway. Brady, Moss, Welker, Faulk, Maroney (over rated but still good)....what about the people we are playing without....Fred Taylor, Sammy Morris...What AFC teams are going to handle the pats this year? Cinci? no Denver beat them when they were playing like **** earlier this year, that wouldnt happen again. They undoubtedly should have won the game against the colts...they coughed it up on the goaline, that should have been another 7....made a horrible call to go for it on 4th on their own 28 and manning made them pay, **** he didnt have far to go...if they kicked the ball and played some defense, they would have came out with the win. Clearly they can hang with the best team in the AFC...only team i worry about is Pittsburgh. They will definitely go deep in the playoffs. They are a playoff team as pittsburgh is. NE vs. Pitt AFC champ game.

On another note...I do like the vikes, always have (I still have a R. Moss Vikes jersey in the closet). Glad to see them doing well. Favre is doing great, AP is an animal who cannot be contained. He is just fun to watch. Tough to watch that loss. I would like to see them in the end.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:11 AM
Race your car!

Gotta hate something, mine as well be an annoying opposing team.

Can always hate on :, but that gets old, and those guys, well they are good for amusment.

Kind of like the jets, you can always count on them for a good choke. Farve played for them for one season, played like absolute crap, he leaves, goes to his old arch rival, and now plays like superman again. That's the jets, they can bring anyone down
Old 11-17-2009, 09:49 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ Thats funny about the Jets comment JL. But thats the truth, the Vikes play the offense that Farve is used to and the Vikes just needed to get used to him. I was worried for the 1st 3-4 games as they were winning but not producing large offensive #'s but improved the pass to rush ratios.

Now since they clicked, its on to the play offs. One more win will virtually guarrentee at least a wild card game, 10 wins should cinch a play off spot, if they lost the last 5. So we will see. Anything can happen on any given sunday.

The Vikes one really close game that they SHOULD have lost was against the 49'ers but thats Football.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:30 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Pats got what they deserved. Their cocky *** head coach thought his offense was SOOOOO good, and Indy's defense was SOOOOO bad that they would get their 4th and 2. It wasn't a matter of lack of confidence in their own defense. It was OVER confidence in their OFFENSE.

I take nothing away from Brady and the rest of the team and organization. They are one of the best dynasties in the history of the league. I'm sure they'll win more championships. But their coach is a cocky arrogant SOB. And a sore loser. He's a real *** when he loses.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:06 PM
Race your car!

Originally Posted by edcmat-l1
I take nothing away from Brady and the rest of the team and organization. They are one of the best dynasties in the history of the league. I'm sure they'll win more championships. But their coach is a cocky arrogant SOB. And a loser. He's a real *** .
I fixed that for ya Ed. I think that sums it up a little better.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry to break it to you guys, but going for it on 4th & 2 was the right call to make. Those of you that say punt it are pretty much saying that you will be able to stop Peyton and Co. in the 2 minute drill. As much as I dislike the Colts, that isn't happening - especially at home.

If you go for it and convert, you win. If you don't convert, there is a chance that the Colts score too quick and Brady gets a chance to get in FG range. Even the statistics say you go for it in that scenario.

Also, one angle of the replay shows that Faulk had possession of the ball and both feet past the 30, but his back was to the official making the call. Tough spot for the official to be in, but I don't think he "blew the call." He saw the tip, and that's about all he could see. Had the Pats held onto a time out to review that.... who knows. Either way, they should have won that game long before the 2 minute mark of the 4th quarter.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:57 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
I fixed that for ya Ed. I think that sums it up a little better.
LOL. I was tryin to be polite.

Originally Posted by Z Fury
Sorry to break it to you guys, but going for it on 4th & 2 was the right call to make. Those of you that say punt it are pretty much saying that you will be able to stop Peyton and Co. in the 2 minute drill. As much as I dislike the Colts, that isn't happening - especially at home.

If you go for it and convert, you win. If you don't convert, there is a chance that the Colts score too quick and Brady gets a chance to get in FG range. Even the statistics say you go for it in that scenario.

Also, one angle of the replay shows that Faulk had possession of the ball and both feet past the 30, but his back was to the official making the call. Tough spot for the official to be in, but I don't think he "blew the call." He saw the tip, and that's about all he could see. Had the Pats held onto a time out to review that.... who knows. Either way, they should have won that game long before the 2 minute mark of the 4th quarter.
I agree, somewhat. Chances are Manning would have got em down there and scored. But you have to take the high percentage plays. Not try and out think yourself. Poop head Billijerks job is to make the call that puts his team in the best position to win. Going for it on 4th and 2 from their own 28 isn't that call.