Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Adjusting UMI Control Arms?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 04:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Adjusting UMI Control Arms?

what is the process for adjusting front upper and front lower control arms. there both 2way adjustable. do i make them the same lengths as the stock ones and go from there.. cause i notice that the aftermarket k member that came with the kit has wider slots for more caster and camber adjustments then factory. a lil lost cause this is the first time i dealt with a front suspension this complex, adjustment wise lol.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:09 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
First I would like to thank you for your business with UMI Performance! We pre set our control arms to factory length you shouldn't have to adjust them at all. All you have to do is install them and then take them to a alignment shop. If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help!
Thanks Again
Brad
Old 11-22-2009, 04:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by UMI Sales
Hello
First I would like to thank you for your business with UMI Performance! We pre set our control arms to factory length you shouldn't have to adjust them at all. All you have to do is install them and then take them to a alignment shop. If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help!
Thanks Again
Brad

thanks for the reply.. kinda what i figured.. the jam nut moved on a couple of them so i got worried.. but i just counted the thread on the other ones and set them back to your settings..
Old 11-22-2009, 05:45 PM
TECH Resident

Yea they are close to right when they are shipped. For my car though, the right front was not able to be able to be adjusted within the limits for the caster. So I'm gunna pull it off and adjust it a little bit it doesn't need much.
Old 02-13-2011, 02:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

i just got the UMI RR kmember and L Aarms with poly/roto, where should I set the a arms in the slots?
Old 11-16-2020, 12:07 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by UMI Sales
Hello
Thanks Again
Brad

Just got the upper and lower control arms and the viking coilovers. Took it to Firestone for an alignment and they said that they have no way to adjust the camber and canter. Car is pulling right a little. Plus I don't want to have uneven wear on the tires. Could they be adjusted?
It's on 2002 Z28 by the way.

Thanks
Old 11-25-2020, 03:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

I would contact umi directly

Quick Reply: Adjusting UMI Control Arms?