Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much is safe through a plate

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 11:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How much is safe through a plate

Okay here's my question, has anyone seen distribution problems through a stock style manifold on an LS1? I'm currently using a NOS plate and they say upgradable to 250hp, this seems like a big shot of nitrous and fuel in the front of one of these intake manifolds. I have a forged bottom end, and dedicated fuel system so I'm more concerned with tuning it safely. Any experience or expert opinions of plate systems would be appreciated. I'd love to build a direct port, but that's kind of pricey when I already have this stuff.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

as you mentioned, the distribution on a stock ls1 intake manifold is an issue.
you notice everyone runs leaner on cylinder #7 due to more air getting back there and you'll find countless pictures of #7 pistons and plugs on ls1tech.

i would look at this thread https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-o...rect-port.html
which suggests using a single plane intake if you need to run a plate for a shot that big.

if you really want to do it. consider nitrous outlet basically puts it in writing that 300 through the front of an intake manifold is no problem with one of their plates here...
https://ls1tech.com/forums/12460252-post5.html
Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
With the LSX platform we are the only nitrous company that has time after time results with customers using our nitrous plates for spraying as much as 300 and more through the front of the intake manifold.

With the Hemi platform we are the only company that has had time after time results spraying 200 or more through the front of an intake manifold with great results.

We will be showing these same great results soon with the ford platforms as well.

Our results speak for them self. Ask another nitrous company to show you results spraying that much through the front of the intake manifold time and time again with the plugs showing a proper delivery! They can not do it! Only Nitrous Outlet can!

So I challenge you to question the things you here. Don’t just fall for the best sounding sales pitch. Ask for proof of claims.

See you at the Finish line.
Nitro Dave

Last edited by BobDoLe; 11-18-2009 at 04:54 AM.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

if i were you and wanted to spray a 250 shot, id buy a FAST intake and do a direct port, seems like you have some money wrapped up in the motor already might as well do it right and not risk it. just my .02
Old 11-18-2009, 01:12 PM
Launching!

I have been asking this same question and have been researching it for a good while now. I finally got around to buying the nitrous outlet 92 mm plate a couple weeks ago and i would love to buy a dedicated fuel setup but don't have the money for one just yet. Im gonna get tuned for a 200 and see how my fuel system holds up, hopefully do a 250 in the future.

Kody
Old 11-18-2009, 05:34 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BobDoLe
as you mentioned, the distribution on a stock ls1 intake manifold is an issue.
you notice everyone runs leaner on cylinder #7 due to more air getting back there and you'll find countless pictures of #7 pistons and plugs on ls1tech.

i would look at this thread https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-o...rect-port.html
which suggests using a single plane intake if you need to run a plate for a shot that big.

if you really want to do it. consider nitrous outlet basically puts it in writing that 300 through the front of an intake manifold is no problem with one of their plates here...
https://ls1tech.com/forums/12460252-post5.html
Thank you for the excellent response. I didn't find any of that when I searched for it. I'm not sure I want to spray more then 200, but even with that I'm concerned about this NOS plate. I'll be looking more into it. I'm not going to try more then 150 with what I have now.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:36 PM
Teching In

300 plus
Old 11-18-2009, 06:06 PM
9 Second Club

Your making the right move going no more then 150 on plate setup.See where that gets ya then save up for the direct port you alredy got the dedicated fuel system so thats big.
Old 11-19-2009, 03:06 PM
Chris@NitroDaves

Our plate will flow over 400hp without a problem and without blinking an eye. The most we suggest spraying through the neck of the intake is 300hp. It would be in your best interest to read the plugs in order to see where your at on the tune and not go by what a wideband says if you plan on hitting a healthy shot with a plate We have had several customers spray 200+ hp with our plate with outstanding result and we have also had dealers spray 300 and 400hp with our single and dual stage plates with no problems.
Old 11-19-2009, 03:10 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 for NOS outlet great guys, listen to Chris !