Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Autometer Oil Pressure Sender

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 03:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Autometer Oil Pressure Sender

I'm just wondering if anyone else out there has removed their stock oil pressure sender in favor of the automer setup. My swap is going into a 97 Nissan 240sx and I'm not using the stock sender. I have a few autometer gauges and would like to swap in the oil pressure sender, but it looks like there are clearance issues with the LS1 intake. Does anyone else have any experience with this? Are you able to use the stock location at the back of the engine or do you have to remote mount the oil pressure sender elsewhere. Also, is there a different location that is easier to use?

I picked up the the autometer adapter for 16 metirc to the 1/8th for the sender.

Thanks for any input.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gjohnson
I'm just wondering if anyone else out there has removed their stock oil pressure sender in favor of the automer setup. My swap is going into a 97 Nissan 240sx and I'm not using the stock sender. I have a few autometer gauges and would like to swap in the oil pressure sender, but it looks like there are clearance issues with the LS1 intake. Does anyone else have any experience with this? Are you able to use the stock location at the back of the engine or do you have to remote mount the oil pressure sender elsewhere. Also, is there a different location that is easier to use?

I picked up the the autometer adapter for 16 metirc to the 1/8th for the sender.

Thanks for any input.
Here's what it looks like on a carb'ed manifold using the stock oil pressure sender base as an adapter. Might be able to tell from the pic if it'll fit your manifold or not...
Attached Thumbnails Autometer Oil Pressure Sender-100_0849s.jpg  
Old 11-18-2009, 07:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

depending on header clearance, and what kind of pan you are running, you may be able to do what I did. There is a pressure port directly above the oil filters that you can drill through and tap with a 1.8 NPT tap and screw your sensor in there. Very convenient and easy to get to. The piece unbolts with two bolts. Clamp it in the vise, and drill and tap then bolt it back to the car. Its alum so its super easy to work with.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:37 PM
TECH Addict

IF you use an aftermarket oil pan that requires a remote mount oil filter, most of those filter mounts will have provisions for a sending unit, plus you can put the filter wherever you want for easy access.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well, I'm using a GTO oil pan for my setup and the oil pressure sender looks exactly like the one pictured above in the Carb setup. I was thinking maybe I would need to run a stainless steel line from the original sender location to the sender and just mount it on the firewall.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

The GTO oil pan should have the same provision above the oil filter. No hurt in exploring all options...
Old 11-19-2009, 01:25 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I replaced my stock unit with the autometer unit. The instructions says to use a remote mount for hi rpm racing engines. You need a a few adapters and a line. They have it all, call them to make sure you get all the correct parts to go into the factory location. You can run a 90 if you need to.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

Wow, I don't know why I didn't think of that earlier, but a 90 degree would make this a cake walk. Thanks

I don't think I have enough clearance, to tap the place down by the oil filter, but I'll check it out.

Quick Reply: Autometer Oil Pressure Sender