Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Wet weather braking issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 05:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wet weather braking issue

Okay, let me start by saying, that I have had this setup for 6 months or so, and have just recently had problems.

Basically, when it rains, I can't stop...at least not well. The best way I can describe it is when as a kid, I sprayed wd-40 on the brakes of a friend's bicycle (don't ask). The pressure and pedal feel is there...but very little brakes.

It started a little over a week ago, when I drove through a huge puddle in a parking lot at a slow speed (the parking lot kind of floods. Ever since then, when it rains, no brakes. If it's dry...it stops like hell.

Here is my setup: C5 calipers, brembo blanks (C5), Carbotech pads, goodridge stainless lines, ATE super blue fluid, true bishop brackets, all new hardware. I took everything apart over the weekend and all "looked" well.

Thoughts?
Old 11-18-2009, 06:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Which Carbotechs?
Old 11-18-2009, 08:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

1521s...bedded properly with new rotors.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"took everything apart" ...

... including checking the guide pins?

The pads you are using are CT's street pad and this is the first issue I've heard of those pads.

I use XP10s and they do suck in the rain due to heat dissipation. You shouldn;t be experienceing that problem with Bobcats. Curious ... what color were the pads? Orange? Silver?

Although extremely remote, inspect the brackets for any cracking. If they were hot and you hit a puddle, you might've cracked a bracket and the bracket is "walking". Like I said ... its a real stretch ...
Old 11-19-2009, 09:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Oh yea, I checked everything...and greased the pins. The pads are red, and are definitely the bobcats. It's very strange. And like I said, it only happens in the rain. If it's dry, they are superb.