Thinking about transporting cars and trucks

Old 11-19-2009, 01:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Thinking about transporting cars and trucks

I have been wanting to do this for a while now just something on the side since I have alot of time off, I work 6 months out of the year. I have the truck just need a trailer looking for one that can handle up to 3 cars. Anyways does anyone know anybody that does this for a living and knows how to get into this ?

Sway
Old 11-19-2009, 07:00 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Technically you have to get your CDL, then buy the trailer. Of course you can just bypass it and hope you don't get caught. Lot of people use the Big Tex Trailers.

If you don't want to do a middle man I would just design a web page (or have one designed for you), Get all your friends to google it so that it's at the top of the google page when someone types in "auto transport" and get the proper insurance so you won't loose your tail if an accident happens. Also consider making it an llc so your personal stuff can't get taken. Buy the right tire straps (a person hauled mine with straps through the rims, not over the tires so they all got scratched). Price your services and make some money!!

Good luck hope it works out.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

CDL, insurance and bonded. And the LLC or LLP is a very smart move.

A neighbor of mine does this for dealerships that transfer inventory. New, Used, Auction-bound ... everything, anything and worst of all ... any time.

He had a 1 ton dually and a 48' Wedge style trailer. It would carry 3 car or two trucks.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:31 AM
12 Second Club

My cousin was doing this type of hauling for a while. Some of those insurance plans get pretty pricey, especially when you have $1,000,000 worth of coverage.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm still looking into but thanks for the info !
Old 11-23-2009, 08:32 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bad Blu Formula
My cousin was doing this type of hauling for a while. Some of those insurance plans get pretty pricey, especially when you have $1,000,000 worth of coverage.
another option would be lower coverage, and then have a higher umbrella. I have that on my house and cars and it actually saves me quite a bit of money. Granted I realize anything business is higher, but still worth looking into.....

Search this Thread