Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

eboost users..lets talk about ramping.

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 01:54 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default eboost users..lets talk about ramping.

Got my eboost 2 partially installed still have to mout and hook up solenoids and the lines to them but now wondering if any of you use the various boost ramping strategies.

I am pretty confused.It looks like to use rpm can simply hook up tach wire.
But to use time based boost ramping do I have to install some external switches . Anyone have any pics of these installed.Anyone using time based ramping.

Also anyone using gear based ramping for auto like a 4l80 and if so how did you do that.

This is a great toy but really think it could help me in the traction department if can learn to use these ramping options.

So once again if you ramp your boost by any of the above methods please let me know how it works out. I was thinking that rpm might be great on the street and by time might be great for 1/4 mile. And by gear might be great for either one. But while think seen setups of manual boost by gear not sure have seen any auto ones.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:04 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i am going to try one of the options this weekend possibly. I want to try the SSD option. Basically it uses wastegate setting at launch and then goes to the first boost setting at whatever time interval you command. I am hoping to launch....have 9psi (wastegate) boost till 1.5 secs and then have it go to 14psi. I have to wire another switch though as it gets triggers from being grounded and all my stuff provides positive voltage....or use relays.
I HAVE bumped the boost up going down the track using the arrow keys on the eboost2. I had it setup like this
sp1=0 (9psi)
sp2=30 (12psi)
sp3=40 (14psi)

i just bumped the boost up as i was going down the track....got my 10.77 on real street tires doing that
Old 11-19-2009, 09:07 AM
Coal Mining Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RPM based ramp works well for a street car. I've used it for the past two years. It's simple. RPM vs setpoint. Very good for killing too much boost down low at the launch. My car would have never run an 8 without it on radials at our junk track.

Last month or so I've been playing with setpoint vs time. Not as street friendly since it defaults to the last setpoint which is too much boost as a set number. You can turn the unit off though, and use gate only pressure on the street.

It does give you better control at the strip...you can ramp more boost in after you shift out of 1st or second gear since it is time based.

Heavy street/ some strip car is better on rpm vs setpoint.

EB2 is coming out with time vs setpoint with CO2....that will allow true ramp rates like the ams1000.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:04 PM
9 Second Club

got the eboost setup tonight to do what i mentioned...9psi limit until 1.5 secs into a run then it goes to 14psi. rpm vs time wont work for me Tom....not the way mt turbo spools
Old 11-19-2009, 07:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok still unclear. Don't you need two switches one for reset and one to start timer..
What kind of switches..on/off or momemtary. and can I see some pics of what you are using for this.

I would think want similar thing at track...7psi launch...then go thru 10, 12,15, 17,19 whatever as the run goes on.

So you are saying this isn't working or it is cable..?????????

So you can't just switch back to street rpm based ramping after using time based at the track? And couldn't you use mabye a switch under gas pedal for the timer start at track and guess some other switch to reset..? And maybe a master on/off on the pedal switch for when not at track but would then just have the rpm program in there..

Still a bit confused here..
Old 11-19-2009, 08:01 PM
9 Second Club

im using a momentary switch as an arming switch.....i got the timer switch wired to my tbrake...let go of tbrake button and timing starts. It is working.
Old 11-20-2009, 09:05 PM
Coal Mining Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cablebandit
got the eboost setup tonight to do what i mentioned...9psi limit until 1.5 secs into a run then it goes to 14psi. rpm vs time wont work for me Tom....not the way mt turbo spools
Boost coming in too quick?

Quick Reply: eboost users..lets talk about ramping.