Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Aps car finally back up

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 07:11 AM
Launching!

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Smile Aps car finally back up

Well, I finally got a chance to put my car back together. After my ordeal with the last set of turbos, I ordered some center carts from Kando Dynamics(I know,I know). Got the car finished up a couple of days ago and have been driving around here and there. I forgot how much I loved hp and going fast! Hopefully these turbos will last longer than the APS ones, which isn't hard to beat. Numbers are in sig. Car pulls pretty damn hard I won't get a chance to get it to the track because I'm going back to St. Louis this weekend and the track is closed Then, it's back to Iraq
Old 11-19-2009, 12:03 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad you got it back together and got to enjoy it!

Mine is coming apart in a few weeks for some TLC. Trans getting a rebuild and probably the turbo's too.

Be safe in Iraq and thanks for serving!
Old 11-19-2009, 05:24 PM
Launching!

Thanks man, good luck with the rebuild.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lowbird was running them also with good results last time I heard..you can search Lowbird. I have a set that may sell or may keep as back up. They said the were genuine mits when asked them directly. ..but of course they might be lying. Course aps never said a damn thing about theirs being genuine or not..but all their lit on their site says they are genuine..so for what its worth..be good to see some longer term kando reviews. They are reasonable price and really I am pretty happy even with the standard aps turbo power level. Don't really need much more just want reliable. But my standard aps are still boosting today ..6000 miles later and they are not baby miles,they are on my 408 with 6500 redline. And they have seen their share of wot runs but only at stock boost levels.

So that dyno is old numbers or new numbers Knightmare.
Old 11-21-2009, 06:42 AM
Launching!

Numbers are old but i suspect they'd be pretty much identical. These turbos are the exact same specs. I'm about to hit the road and drive 800 miles home, then store the car for deployment
Old 11-21-2009, 09:59 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They have upgraded wheels. Would have been interesting to see new dyno with them and no other changes. Hopefully they work out good for you . They are way cheaper alternative to the other alternatives.Too bad the passenger is hard to swap out without dropping the kmember down. It would be simple to swap them if you could swap them like drivers side one.But no big deal at least these kandos are plug and play.
Old 11-21-2009, 10:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you my replacement? lol 3/82 FA in Kirkuk leaving shortly no specifics "think opsec!" lol

Quick Reply: Aps car finally back up