Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Help with converter selection with my turbo build

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 06:09 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help with converter selection with my turbo build

well this is going to be mostly a street car that i may take to the track once or twice a year..

i am using a 4l80e the car has 26" tall tires and an stock iron 6.0l with a master power t70 i am going to try to make 550rwhp..

any suggestions would be great. i was thinking in the 2800 to 3000 would be good or am i too small?
Old 11-19-2009, 11:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yank PY3400extreme is pretty good choice. 3400 is not too high.Mine is pretty good on the street. A bit of noticeable slippage but not that bad. And it seems to work pretty good when you want it to. No track times with it till next year just finished up my 4l80 swap and tracks are closed. Heck car should be in storage already but freaky weather this year so keep driving it some.

I also like my vig converter in my 96z and seeing a lot of favorable reports for circle d.

There are a lot of fast cars running the yank py 3400 on fi cars. One reason I got one and these were mostly street not track only cars.
Any 4l80 questions you want to ask fire away. Actually pretty easy swap especially if you assemble stuff ahead of time that you need for it.Course easier in a 4l60 car but still not bad in the t56. Dont miss my t56 at all.

Quick Reply: Help with converter selection with my turbo build