Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Patriot Guard Riders

Old 11-20-2009, 10:09 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Patriot Guard Riders

I love these guys. http://www.patriotguard.org/

Our Mission

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Patriot Guard Riders Mission Statement

The Patriot Guard Riders is a diverse amalgamation of riders from across the nation. We have one thing in common besides motorcycles. We have an unwavering respect for those who risk their very lives for America’s freedom and security. If you share this respect, please join us.

We don’t care what you ride or if you ride, what your political views are, or whether you’re a hawk or a dove. It is not a requirement that you be a veteran. It doesn't matter where you’re from or what your income is; you don’t even have to ride. The only prerequisite is Respect.

Our main mission is to attend the funeral services of fallen American heroes as invited guests of the family. Each mission we undertake has two basic objectives:

Show our sincere respect for our fallen heroes, their families, and their communities.
Shield the mourning family and their friends from interruptions created by any protestor or group of protestors.

We accomplish the latter through strictly legal and non-violent means.

To those of you who are currently serving and fighting for the freedoms of others, at home and abroad, please know that we are backing you. We honor and support you with every mission we carry out, and we are praying for a safe return home for all.

Last edited by JohnFrazee02SS; 11-20-2009 at 10:19 PM.
Old 11-20-2009, 10:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome Americans!!!
Old 11-20-2009, 11:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah those guys are awesome, its sad that they have to provide overwatch for all these stupid protesters. its one thing to protest the war yeah thats your business. but stay the **** away from a fallen service members funeral. that **** is ignorant. and i hope everyone involved in a protest of a fallen brother is shot in the face with a at-4

Last edited by jsteele90; 11-23-2009 at 11:18 AM.
Old 11-22-2009, 01:20 PM
Teching In

Those who cannot respect the family of a fallen service member don't deserve the chance to give their opinion.

I respect the Patriot Guard for stepping up.
Old 11-22-2009, 02:43 PM
HWI
TECH Enthusiast

Very cool.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:33 AM
On The Tree

those guys are really amazing all the places they go to help and show respect.

some of those protesters need to get deported to Iraq and afgan..
Old 12-06-2009, 07:06 AM
On The Tree

If you guys get the chance to link up with your local PGR and do a mission with them, you will get the feeling for exactly what we (the PGR) do. You do not have to own a motorcycle to do the missions with them. There are several people that do not own a bike and come on the missions in their cars.

I have rode with the Oklahoma PGR for a little over 2 years now when I am actually stateside and able to. My very first mission was a funeral for a 19 year old soldier. The protestors were present at that funeral but the Highway Patrol, local PD, and one of the other local bike groups (Rolling Thunder) kept them further away from the funeral than the law actually requires. Most of what I have ridden with them has been funerals, but I have done a couple of Welcome Homes at the airports.

I have personally had 2 Send offs and 2 Welcome Homes for me by our local PGR and can tell you that it makes me proud to be a part of what the PGR does and stands for. I am actually done riding with them for a few years as I am now stationed in Germany and will not be able to, but I plan to link up with the local PGR wherever I get stationed when I return stateside if I am able to.

John

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Patriot Guard Riders