Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Looking for some advice on which clutch (I know)

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 12:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Looking for some advice on which clutch (I know)

Sooooo I think that my pilot bearing has gone out on my Z06. It has crazy vibration when the clutch is pushed in and sometimes when it's out. It goes away but I'm not taking any chances and am pulling everything out to get to it. Long story short is that the original owner put in a stage 1 Spec with the stock flywheel and I don't trust it for the power that I'm looking to add. I'm going to put a new pilot bearing, slave cylinder, clutch and flywheel. I am currently looking at the ACT twin disk (street), Spec twin disk ST T-trim, or the Textrailia Exoskel. Do you guys have any experience with these in your car? I'm looking for more of a drag race type setup that is friendly for the street, going to be putting down around 750rwhp, and would like to get some miles on it without having to worry about changing it out.

P.S. I can get the Spec for $1100 (originally $1800 or so) but I remember all of the issues with the regular single disks. that has made me a little leary of spec but if they've gotten their act together then I'll get them a try. thanks for your input.