Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

HELP! Car Won't Start!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 04:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HELP! Car Won't Start!

When I try to start my car all I get is a weird repetitive beeping sound with the red driver's seat belt light flashing. The beep is the same type as the slow steady beep when you have the keys turned in the ignition without starting the engine yet but only it's beeping rapidly (kinda like power is cutting in and out). The seat belt light flashes at the same time as the beep sounds. When I tried buckling the seat belt the needles on the gauges moved up and then down. The radio won't turn on either. I still have the original battery (02 Camaro SS bought in October 2002. I was due for a new one about 4 years ago). I'm hoping that's the problem. Would a jump help? A whole new battery? (which I should get anyway). I'm away at school and parked in a pretty inconvenient location with no cell phone service. Any help or feedback would be appreciated.
Also, I noticed my odometer recently reset on its own, which it has done several times in the past.

I got a new battery but the connection for my positive terminal popped out of the old battery and i haven't been able to disconnect it.
Trying to jumpstart the car didn't work. The lights all come on normally then it sounds like it's gonna start up for a second and then everything dies.
Also, I'm only working with a pair of pliers. Does anyone know what size wrenches I should be using.
HELP!
Old 11-21-2009, 05:04 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

It's a power problem. Check over your battery and ground connections. 8mm wrench on stock battery terminals.
Old 11-22-2009, 12:24 PM
11 Second Club

Changed the battery. Car's running fine now. Thanks for the help.