Fueling & Injection - Someone explain this to me (fuel pressure regulator)

dhdenney
11-21-2009, 09:28 PM
Never claimed to be very smart but how does this work if the pressure isn't regulated before it goes into the rails?

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb218/dhdenney/fpr.jpg

FICINJECTORS
11-21-2009, 10:44 PM
Never claimed to be very smart but how does this work if the pressure isn't regulated before it goes into the rails?

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb218/dhdenney/fpr.jpg
the regulator releases at the set pressure so the whole input line from the pump to the end is the same pressure,,Its simple as soon as the pressure in the line reaches the set pressure the reg dumps the fuel back to the tank, but the input line has constant pressure

dhdenney
11-22-2009, 06:54 AM
the regulator releases at the set pressure so the whole input line from the pump to the end is the same pressure,,Its simple as soon as the pressure in the line reaches the set pressure the reg dumps the fuel back to the tank, but the input line has constant pressure

OK I guess I see that. I had bought this regulator used with no instructions and was looking on their site and found the .PDF. I just had it in mind there was an "in," a "to rails," and the return.

NobodyIsSlowerThanMe
11-24-2009, 07:53 AM
Just so you know, to fine tune the fuel pressure:
Be sure the to adjust it while the car is idling but take the reference vacuum line off.
That's your static pressure, and that's the pressure you'll want to adjust for.

BLOWNBLUEZ06
11-24-2009, 08:03 AM
Just so you know, to fine tune the fuel pressure:
Be sure the to adjust it while the car is idling but take the reference vacuum line off.
That's your static pressure, and that's the pressure you'll want to adjust for.

Don't use the vacuum reference unless you retune the car. You'll need to change the IFR table if you decide to use vacuum referencing. I see no need to use it unless you're running boost.

NobodyIsSlowerThanMe
11-24-2009, 08:18 AM
Good point.
I'm used to turbo cars..lol.

dhdenney
11-24-2009, 05:53 PM
It's turbo. :D After looking at some pictures in the fueling section, this setup looks pretty common. Thanks for the responses guys.