Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mo

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 04:09 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default mo

friend of mine hase a 95 lt1 z28 with a flowmaster weld in muffler and a cai with hard intake elbow and supposedly thats it. well he has a NX (i think) wet kit with the nozzle mounted infront of the maf meaning the fuel and nitrous is blowing through the maf. the car seems to run pretty well and was just wondering what yalls thoughts were on this?? i always though on wet kits the nozzle mounts after the maf??
Old 11-24-2009, 08:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Typicaly a wet kit will go behind the maf and a dry will go before the maf. The maf will pick up the increase in flow/density and temp(if it has a iat in the maf) and will change the fuel requirments. I would think that it runs pretty rich with the kit running. The extra fuel is already supplied so extra from the fuel injection system isnt needed. Its always better to run rich than lean from a safety standpoint BUT it could still wash the cylinder walls, lean will make a bit more power but at the cost of burnin a hole in a piston or a head. The dry kits rely on the maf to pick with the n2o and to add fuel thru the fuel injection system so it would be in his best intrest to place the nozzle behind the maf if its a wet kit.