Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

headlight motor issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 01:23 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headlight motor issue

car is running perfectly fine went out to the track today and ran couple passes, 98 ws6 auto if that matters.

I flipped the headlights up for a sec, and next thing I know everytime I turn them off the motor keeps overworking after the lights close and several seconds later will stop. it sounds like the headlight motor isnt cutting out and fighting to close more. has anyone run into this issue? I briefly searched and did not find this.

I am going to spend more time diagnosis it tomorrow but I figured I would ask to give me some direction. the lights work but if I hit the lock button or unlock they make the same sound as well.

any help would be appreciated. Thank you
Old 11-23-2009, 01:25 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

side note this happened shortly after a pass so I'm not sure if the launch loosened something but I started to search fuses and relays and really didnt find anything thing out of the ordinary
Old 11-23-2009, 05:30 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

flip the gear in the headlight, if you do a search right you will find this topic everywhere