Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some advice of trouble shooting

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 08:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some advice of trouble shooting

Ive ran N2O for a couple of years and the 100 shot with NX shark nozzle was huge. I made a few changes added a NX MAF platejbut At most I cant even tell its hitting maybe 20hp. Everything is hooked up working right. Ive had the bottle filled a couple of times at different places thinking it might be bad gas. The only difference Ive noticed is when I purge no matter how long I purge I dont get the white fog as before, its just clear and sound only, thanks
Old 11-24-2009, 11:22 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like you have a bad bottle fill.
Dave
Old 11-25-2009, 09:45 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by jcolews6
Ive ran N2O for a couple of years and the 100 shot with NX shark nozzle was huge. I made a few changes added a NX MAF platejbut At most I cant even tell its hitting maybe 20hp. Everything is hooked up working right. Ive had the bottle filled a couple of times at different places thinking it might be bad gas. The only difference Ive noticed is when I purge no matter how long I purge I dont get the white fog as before, its just clear and sound only, thanks
Did you completely empty it before re-filling it? Do you weigh it verify how much is in there?

Nick
Old 11-25-2009, 10:17 AM
FormerVendor

Sometimes weighing it is not the answer. I have seen many bottle fills that were mostly air weigh the amount they should. I always weigh the bottle for refrence. If it weighs then I just crack open the valve and see if its a solid white cloud. If its not a I drain it and its time to refill it.
Dave

Last edited by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet; 11-25-2009 at 10:54 AM.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:44 AM
FormerVendor

That's one of the silly'er things I've read.

Nick
Old 11-25-2009, 10:54 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Nick@HSW
That's one of the silly'er things I've read.

Nick
Why is that? Have you not ever taken a bottle that had a bad bottle fill with alot of air in it and seen it still weigh what it should. I see it all the time. With out getting into all the varables and over complicating everything to the average person this is a good way to check using a little common cense.

Last edited by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet; 11-25-2009 at 11:32 AM.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:50 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Why is that? Have you not ever taken a bottle that had a bad bottle fill with alot of air in it and seen it still weigh what it should. I see it all the time. With out getting into all the varables and over complicating everything to the average person this is a good way to check using a little common cense.
So when the dip tube dispenses liquid nitrous because they didn't invert the bottle, what did you make as a conclusion? Do you see what I'm trying to say? Not trying to argue here.

Nick
Old 11-25-2009, 12:04 PM
FormerVendor

Not trying to argue either. Just saying from my experience with a bad bottle fill simply opening the valve to see what the discharge cloud looks like can in many cases be the only way to tell for sure. Even doing it sitting up right where the bottle should be sucking liquid nitrous.
Dave
Old 04-05-2010, 01:56 PM
11 Second Club

I am experienceing the very same thing. I have two bottles, both of which were filled at a relatively new shop, and neither one cloud hardly at all when cracked open bottle only. In the car through the purge is the same thing. Mostly air, very very little vapor, much less a cloud of any sorts.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Is the bottle warm when you purge it?
Old 04-05-2010, 05:24 PM
FormerVendor

Air does weigh when compressed. I have also seen bad fills (what i think it is anyways). I have had bottles that weigh what they should but just seem to be vapor.

Also, make sure the bottle is not to hot, this will cause vapor as well.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:23 AM
11 Second Club

Ive had the bottle(s) cold and warm, same results. However, yesterday I checked the bottle thats currently not in the car, just sittin in the garage, and it had somewhat of a cloud just cracking the bottle open. The bottle in the car still had no cloud at all. I think Im going to empty them both and take them somewhere else to get filled and see what happens.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Sometimes weighing it is not the answer. I have seen many bottle fills that were mostly air weigh the amount they should. I always weigh the bottle for refrence. If it weighs then I just crack open the valve and see if its a solid white cloud. If its not a I drain it and its time to refill it.
Dave

yep had a bottle that would take the weight but the hit was junk and we couldn't get the pressure down. It took forever to fill. turns out it had a lot of air. we emptied it refilled from the same mother bottle and bam right back to where it should be.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:44 AM
FormerVendor

Shiz. I see this alot from my racers that just keep toping off over and over again. I finaly got most of my locals trained to release and start over after every so many top offs.
Dave
Old 04-07-2010, 10:29 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ShiznityZ28
yep had a bottle that would take the weight but the hit was junk and we couldn't get the pressure down. It took forever to fill. turns out it had a lot of air. we emptied it refilled from the same mother bottle and bam right back to where it should be.
the owner of the speed shop at the track said the same thing. if you don't completely empty the bottle before filling it will take much longer to fill and a lack of a thick milky purge is another clue to a shitty run.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we empty and refile every 3-4 fills. we try to stretch it since we use a lot of nitrous every weekend.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:21 PM
11 Second Club

emptied both bottles, took them to a different shop to get filled, and same problem. I would be suspect of a broken siphon tube in the bottle, but two different relatively new bottles at the same time????? I will say that one of the bottles did do better than the other on this last filling, guess ill find yet another place to fill and see what I get.