Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The tuning school

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 10:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The tuning school

Have any of you guys bought this product, or been to their school, any info or feedback would be appreciated!
Old 11-25-2009, 03:20 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by baggedsilverado
Have any of you guys bought this product, or been to their school, any info or feedback would be appreciated!
If your talking about the Greg Banish dvd, I have it and it is very good for beginners. There is a advanced version also.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:48 AM
Launching!

Hey Bitch
Old 11-25-2009, 06:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ive been to the Tuning School here in Odessa.

Its a great class that is structured. First day is learning how to tune, and the second day is dyno tuning at their shop.

I learn better by doing, so going to the class, learning the step by step process was key for me.

I went back to the class last month to say hi to Bob, larry, and Ian, and they asked me if the students could dyno tune my car, and I didnt have a problem with it.

The students pulled out 26 more RWHP and 30 RWTQ out of the car since my last Dyno run. I did add a FAST 90/90 system to the car since the first dyno.

Ill be signing up for the advanced course next week.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:15 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Phil'sC5vette
Ive been to the Tuning School here in Odessa.

Its a great class that is structured. First day is learning how to tune, and the second day is dyno tuning at their shop.

I learn better by doing, so going to the class, learning the step by step process was key for me.

I went back to the class last month to say hi to Bob, larry, and Ian, and they asked me if the students could dyno tune my car, and I didnt have a problem with it.

The students pulled out 26 more RWHP and 30 RWTQ out of the car since my last Dyno run. I did add a FAST 90/90 system to the car since the first dyno.

Ill be signing up for the advanced course next week.
Phil,

It was great to see everyone again and the class was a lot of fun. We really enjoyed playing with that sweet convertible of yours. Nothing like searching that last 5-7% of the tables for the extra horsepower. Hope you are still happy with the idle we put on it. It was sure frustrating to do all that work and then have trouble saving under 2.23. It looks like the guys will have HPT 2.24 out shortly.

I am really looking forward to hearing from freddie once he gets the boost turned up on his pickup. That thing is going to scare the pants off the first kid with a stock car and 150 shot of NOS when he gets on it.

regards,

Paul
Old 12-29-2009, 08:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

The car still runs great. One day when I care, Ill pick up on your last tune and fix that last couple percentage that didnt take on my computer.

The tune is close enough to being spot on not to care. I think once you get the hang of HPT, you pick your car apart looking for that extra 3 RWHP lol.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:19 PM
10 Second Club

i just finished reading the Beginners Edition and have just ordered the Advanced course (placed my order about 20 mins ago!!!)
Old 12-31-2009, 09:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Not starting a Pi _ _ ing contest, but are there different tuning classes offered by different guys, and if so are any considered better than others?
I'd like to attend one, but most are held 7-8hrs away from me. (central GA)
Old 12-31-2009, 09:32 PM
10 Second Club

Any classes coming to Ft. Lauderdale?
Bob
Old 01-01-2010, 10:12 AM
10 Second Club

if you dont want to travel try the AT-Home Courses from the Tuning school and it doesnt hurt to get the Greg Banish DVD. (I have both but havent tried watching the DVD yet) Next find a Performance Shop or Tuner in you area who uses HPTuners (if you go with thetuningschool.com) and ask if you could come shadow them for a day or 2 after you feel you have a good understanding on the Text form.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:27 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by SlickVert
Any classes coming to Ft. Lauderdale?
Bob
Masport Speed has one coming up soon in Boca.
Old 01-01-2010, 11:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 06X6spdGTO
if you dont want to travel try the AT-Home Courses from the Tuning school and it doesnt hurt to get the Greg Banish DVD. (I have both but havent tried watching the DVD yet) Next find a Performance Shop or Tuner in you area who uses HPTuners (if you go with thetuningschool.com) and ask if you could come shadow them for a day or 2 after you feel you have a good understanding on the Text form.
I personaqlly learn much better by watching/participating than from reading alone (which is also necessary in my opinion)
I have a very in depth beginners tuning book, and a couple of good friends on another forum that help, but I'd like to attend one of the schools. Just want it to be a well run course that has time to answer ALL questions, and would prefer not to drive 14 hours round trip if possible.
Old 01-02-2010, 07:28 AM
10 Second Club

Great, thanks for the info
Bob
Old 01-02-2010, 04:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

there are several people out there that have teaching schools.

Quick Reply: The tuning school