Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heads question/opinion

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 12:36 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heads question/opinion

car is a 00 ss with all slp options, has a futral f14 cam, I am going to do the heads this winter but am wondering should i just buy aftermarket heads or pp/valve job my stock aluminum heads? I already have the patriot gold kit on them. and am not looking to spend a ton of money on buying a name. help? any idea how much it is these days to work up a pair of heads?
Old 11-26-2009, 01:35 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TUCKZ28SS
car is a 00 ss with all slp options, has a futral f14 cam, I am going to do the heads this winter but am wondering should i just buy aftermarket heads or pp/valve job my stock aluminum heads? I already have the patriot gold kit on them. and am not looking to spend a ton of money on buying a name. help? any idea how much it is these days to work up a pair of heads?
Well your not buying a name when you buy a premium aftermarket head. Your buying a better head.. AFR , TFS, WCCH Edelbrocks and ALL PRO all have had massive research and development to make them what they are.They cost more because they are better.

Does that mean that there aren't talented porters out there who cant make a factory head shine? NO it doesn't mean that but your getting what you pay for in the performance world when you drop coin on a premium head such as AFR or TFS or ALL PRO or WCCH Edelbrocks. WCCH has a new program that gets 395 flow on the intake of their LS7 heads which is pretty damn good, but you need a big bore to use them.