Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

My TA build

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 03:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default My TA build

Well, I've been working on my '99 Trans Am since September and I finished it a couple weeks ago. Then the engine blew on the dyno, a valve went through a piston and damaged the block.

Anyway, the Polluter cam is still good and so is the fast 92 with the NW92mm TB, but thats all. So I decided, since I'm pulling the motor again, I'll put in a 402. It's getting -10cc Wiseco pistons, Compstar crank, TFS 225s, and a bunch of other goodies. I already set up the car to handle the power with a Performabuilt stage 2 4L60E, 3600stall, Moser 12 bolt, PST driveshaft, all the chassis stiffening stuff, Koni/Strano, PS LTs, TSP y pipe, Magnaflow catback, ATE rotors, Hawk pads, steel braided brake lines, etc. I'm very excited about this new build.

What do you guys think? I want to run a 10 second 1/4 before I turn 20 in May. I am also trying to pick a custom plate. I was think BG4MRCY (beg for mercy, which I have painted on the side of my helmet), but Im not sure. other ideas are appreciated.
Old 11-27-2009, 10:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now that is a nice plate. I'd like to have it...lol
Old 11-27-2009, 11:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i like that plate.... i am thinking of doing gme ovr(game over) for my camaro
Old 11-28-2009, 12:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cohi
i like that plate.... i am thinking of doing gme ovr(game over) for my camaro
yeah I like that as well.

any pics of the helmet?
Old 11-28-2009, 11:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry no pics of the helmet, I don't have a working camera. It is satin black with the phoenix painted in red on the left side and BEG FOR MERCY written in a jagged kind of way on the left side, also in red. I guess I will order that plate before someone else does

Last edited by Pseudonym; 11-28-2009 at 06:37 PM.
Old 11-28-2009, 02:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not to be rude but how you affording that build at 19?
Old 11-28-2009, 06:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

not to be rude but how you affording that build at 19?
None of your business! jk

I've been saving for a while, and I had alot of scholarship overflow that my college cut me a check for. Also I had some parts installed at a shop and the engine blowing was probably due to the work one of the mechanics did (he doesn't work there anymore), so they are covering most of the new build. I also did alot of shopping around and bought most of the parts while they were on sale.

BTW, your hood is awesome.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The shortblock should be here Monday or Friday.

I pulled apart the ls1 and found out why the motor blew...the guy at the shop installed the cam one tooth off. Unbelievable mistake from a reputable shop. I'm disappointed that it could have been avoided, but you live and learn. I'm glad that the mechanic who worked on my motor was let go and the shop is stepping up and making this right.
I would have done the work myself, but I wanted piston to valve clearance checked and the cam degreed. I don't have the tools to do that, and the price of install was cheaper than the tools. That is all I have to say about that.