Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

o2 wiring help please

Old 11-27-2009, 06:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default o2 wiring help please

I just bought a 98 Camaro Z28 6 speed and the driver o2 keeps throwing a check engine light for low voltage. I got under the car to check the wiring and someone has cut the plugs off the wiring harness and has bosch universal o2's hard wired in (because it has long tubes). The wiring looks like crap so im going to redo it, but I want to make sure it is wired correctly. My question is what color is the signal wire, ground wire, and the two heater wires coming from the the pcm? The wires I see coming from my pcm are black, pink, purple, and light brown. Any help would be great. Thanks
Old 11-27-2009, 11:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found a diagram and the pink wire is hot with ignition, black is the ground, light brown is the HO2S high and purple is the HO2S low. I am still confused though because my universal o2 has 2 heater wires, one ground and one signal wire. I obviously figured out the ground but can someone chime in on the signal wire and heater wires?

Search this Thread