Cars towed while waiting in line for Black Friday

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 11:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Cars towed while waiting in line for Black Friday

forgive me if this has been posted before, but i just saw this and thought i'd post it up for anyone who hasn't already seen it. just goes to show you what sacks of **** some of these tow truck drivers are, and why i believe tow truck drivers should NOT be able to tow anyone unless a business specifically calls them to complain about illegal parking.....

granted, people are ******* crazy for standing in line at a big store like Best Buy in the first place, because for the majority of stuff, you can order it online for the same price anyway and have it delivered to your door, and not have to deal with the rest of the fucktards out there, but i digress....

at least they got their cars back after they called the cops to make them stop.

Story

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- There were some very unhappy people outside the Best Buy store on Beechnut and the Southwest Freeway as they waited for Black Friday deals.

Customers in line called police when they say wrecker drivers started towing their cars late Thursday night. The misunderstanding apparently started when the tow truck drivers thought the cars belonged to patrons of a nearby nightclub, not people in line.

"Cars were getting towed all of a sudden," said shopper Alesandro Caitlin. "We're like, 'We're waiting in line.' And they were like, 'You all are going to a club across the street.' And we were like, 'No, we're waiting in line.'"

About 12 cars were towed before Houston police stepped in and stopped the towing. The wrecker drivers returned all the cars belonging to people in line.
(Copyright ©2009 KTRK-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
Old 11-27-2009, 11:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

epic fail.
Old 11-27-2009, 11:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

toe truck drivers are mostly scumbags w/ no life.
Old 11-28-2009, 12:32 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Trans Am Jam
toe truck drivers are mostly scumbags w/ no life.
[
Old 11-28-2009, 12:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it's may not be politically correct to say such a thing, but my past experiences w/ them lead me to a safe assumption that they are all douchebags.