Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

BFG Tires Vs. Nitto Tires

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 11:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Arrow BFG Tires Vs. Nitto Tires

I have always ran Nitto NT555 Extremes (street tire) never once had any problems at all with them with the 5 yrs I have owned them. Currently they are on my TTMs 275/40 and 315/35

I am going to be buying 18" C6 wheels now.

So what are the good BFG tires? I know they discontinued a certain model but cannot remember what model that was. I have never ran a BFG tire before so I don't know what to expect.

I know there is the g-Force T/A KD, g-Force Sport, g-Force T/A KDW, g-Foce T/A KDW2 and g-Force Super Sport A/S...

So which above tire is the superior tire? My Trans Am is not my DD, never sees rain, only dry weather

I know that Nittos run narrow, so then will I have problems fitting a bigger tire in the rear? I fit my 315/35 Nittos back there with no problems..

Thanks for the input
Old 11-29-2009, 12:17 PM
TECH Regular

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by TORCHD 02 TA

I know there is the g-Force T/A KD, g-Force Sport, g-Force T/A KDW, g-Foce T/A KDW2 and g-Force Super Sport A/S...

So which above tire is the superior tire? My Trans Am is not my DD, never sees rain, only dry weather
There is no "superior" tire. Each of those tires is designed for a different application. You decide which is best for your situation.

T/A KD - best dry traction. Lower treadwear, less wet traction.
T/A KDW - less dry traction than the KD, but better wet traction.
T/A KDW2 - replacement for the KDW.
g-F Sport - Good all-round tire. Less traction than KD or KDW, but cheaper and longer treadwear. Better ride and less noise.
g-F Sport A/S - All season tire version of the g-F Sport. Less dry traction, but better wet traction. Also useable in light snow. Probably the longest treadwear of all.
Old 11-29-2009, 07:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Hmm I am still torn..

Nittos have never steered me wrong.. Might jsut have to stick with them
Old 11-29-2009, 07:56 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had the g-force sports for the past 22k miles, and they're wearing like iron. The traction is OK, but I'm only a bolt-on car...for now. After the cam swap I'll most likely grab a pair of Nitto NT05 or some equivalent. These nittos will wear quite a bit faster, but traction comes at a price.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

555Rs in 18 inch sizes they run very wide actually
Old 11-30-2009, 12:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

So I was thinking of getting the BFG g-Force KDW NT... Any thoughts on this tire?

Old 11-30-2009, 07:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i ran these on the back of my camaro for about a month they look great but i could not seem to put them to the ground
Old 11-30-2009, 08:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ls1z28god
i ran these on the back of my camaro for about a month they look great but i could not seem to put them to the ground
When I am on the street they are for crusing only. No street racing.

Again I still love my Nittos, never once gave me a problem..

So I dunno what to do
Old 12-01-2009, 05:10 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

I've been running those BFG KDW's you showed above for quite some time. Overall, they've been pretty decent - once the roads get cold, traction sucks *****, but they aren't bad in the summer, and they take corners pretty well. Can't comment on wet performance since it doesn't get driven in the rain, but it is supposed to be decent at that as well.

My only major complaint is that the side walls on these tires seem to attract more brown **** than any other tire I've owned. If you don't keep on top of them, they start to look like **** in a hurry.

For me, it matters...I expect my car to look a certain way, and ****-stained side walls on my tires looks like unwiped ***, but I've found a manageable solution of cleaning and tire shine that keeps them looking pretty good for a while.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

i have 555r's and i cant break them loose in 1st unless i dump it on a nice day so i love nittos

Quick Reply: BFG Tires Vs. Nitto Tires