Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wideband Woes! (AEM)

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 08:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Wideband Woes! (AEM)

So about 3 weeks ago I was driving my front mount turbo camaro when a powersteering line melted cought on fire and bit the dust. After getting the PS line re-made this week when I started the car the Wideband reads 14.8 solid does not move, this is default when the sensor is unpluged.

I removed the wire going to the sensor, inspected, there are no breaks or melted points in the wire, the sensor appears fine all connnections are good. Per AEM when a sensor goes bad the gauge will read full lean.

Does anyone have any idea why my gauge would be doing this?
Old 12-01-2009, 01:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I searched some other forums and called the AEM rep and he said the only thing that would cause that is a bad cable. So I guess i'll take it all apart of try a different cable if I can find one, anyone have any other ideas?
Old 12-10-2009, 07:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Alright, so I went home last night and messed with the car, got the wideband reading again although I have no idea how, I just left the car running and after about 10 min it just started reading again .. strange.

But now i have a new problem, when I hooked up the output wire to log the WB before it would just read 16.xx the whole time in HPTuners no matter what the gauge says, now I hooked up my voltmeter to the output wire to see if it was changing voltage and the odd thing is if when I ground it, it says 2.5xxvolts for example it will keep saying that but if I un-ground it and reground it it might read 3.0xxvolts but it will never swing out of that range not matter what the gauge reads. I did this about 5 times and it always reads a different voltage but wont swing more than ten thousands from what ever voltage it starts on.

Hope that makes since. I am at a loss here.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Bump
Old 01-01-2010, 06:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So, I like to post a solution to all of my threads when I come to one.

For this tread the answer is kind of interesting I finally got to a local tuning shop and the guy told me to cut the white wire (the one used to log) out of the back of the gauge to about 4-6" from the gauge and connect it there vs connecting the extension to go to the MPVI at the end of the wiring harness.

Seemed to work perfect for me, seems odd because it still has to travel through the same length of wire, but it started logging just fine for me.