Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

left bank runs leaner at wot on the 100w nitrous shot at the end of 4th..?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 10:24 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default left bank runs leaner at wot on the 100w nitrous shot at the end of 4th..?

i have the upgraded fuel pump and my fuel pressure seems stable n/a and n20. would the aftermarket fuel rails fix this problem?.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:34 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No.and its probably not a lean issue. its more than likely a heat issue. The #8 hole is the hottest on the ls motor. If its truely lean get your injectors flowed and put the heavy one on 8,next on 7 next on 6 etc...
Old 11-30-2009, 11:43 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ShiznityZ28
No.and its probably not a lean issue. its more than likely a heat issue. The #8 hole is the hottest on the ls motor. If its truely lean get your injectors flowed and put the heavy one on 8,next on 7 next on 6 etc...
thanks for taking the time to reply shiznity. i did get my injectors flowmatched and did as you said. i have not taken them out to check them for flow since the install. i do take my plugs out often and put a mag. on them and have not found any signs of molten alluminum. i took the pulse dampner out and removed the plunger for free flow all the time, i hope that may help. my afr comes in around 10.8average,max is 11.5, min is 10.4 for 4th. i'm only connected to the right bank with a wb and the narrowband mv is .928 right and .912mv left in 4th.

with this afr values i get kr so i have too richen her up so the left bank come in around .935mv to avoid kr, and so the right side goes richer {9.6mv} and suffers. if i could somehow balance the sides out, i could run leaner and safer with good timing of course.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:46 AM
TECH Addict

Do not tune off of Knock sensors. throw them away. only use the plugs. without reading the plugs 10.X is way rich. 11.1-.8 is still rich. 12.5 is where i put most cars. tune the timming off of number 8 and work up slowely.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:47 AM
TECH Addict

the a/f numbers are a shot inthe dark .All changes should come from the plugs. once you have it dialed in the a/f is just a safty check.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:47 AM
9 Second Club

Put colder plugs in the left side.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:40 PM
Launching!

i know exactly what you guys preach and i believe in it 100%. i did go out and made a run with the 100 a while back with a new set of denso it-22 { i have a set of it-24} and took them out to get a reference. the fuel ring was a bit thicker than 1/16" and the timing mark was near the turn but closer to the tip. i've ran it at 12.2 wb and good timing with no problems. i did a compression and a leak ck. 3wks ago and the results were very good....one or two deg. from kr certainly doesn't mean it's a safe tune but getting kr it's certainly not good either.
i'll try the colder plugs if i ever get a chance to go one last time. the oem folks should add individual cylinder control for emmissions to their pcms

thanks again guys.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:18 AM
Launching!

well, just ran it tonight with the pulse dampner plunger removed and the nitrous on. maybe it's too soon to say, but i think it's fixed. the run was on a choice hwy entrance, from 1st to 4th. i attached two screen shots, one is from a track run back in jul, and the other is tonights. the screen shots are hightlighted for the averages of 4th gear.

you can see the spread between the narrow bands by comparing the averages and also the right bank wb values min.,avg., max....

so to those who are still on the stock ls1 fuel rails, it might be worth removing the dampner plunger.

http://yfrog.com/0bpulsedampnerremovedpx

i'm ready for the 200w NOW!!!!

Last edited by jetblast; 12-04-2009 at 12:40 AM.
Old 12-20-2009, 01:46 PM
Launching!

i did a few test runs, seems that the more f jet i take out and make up for it with the injectors, which loads them up more {higher idc}, i end up with a bigger difference between left and right banks, or the right just goes leaner, nb indications.

Quick Reply: left bank runs leaner at wot on the 100w nitrous shot at the end of 4th..?