Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

DEC. 5th: Bear Mountain/Skylands Area - HUGE Drive/Meet with Dinner at APPLEBEE'S!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 12:04 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DEC. 5th: Bear Mountain/Skylands Area - HUGE Drive/Meet with Dinner at APPLEBEE'S!

Hello everyone!

**EDIT: There are already 30+ cars confirmed for this event! If that will help sway you into coming. That includes 2-3 z06's, about 5 STi's, an award winning "One-of-a-kind WRX Wagon Show Car", and a 450+ HP Evo. Come on, let's show them some LSx power and bring up some serious guys up there for some serious fun!

EDIT: Event will be taking place on Saturday, December 5th and we will be meeting at the parking lot behind the Clearview Cinemas Theater in Washington Township at the main Plaza on Pascack Ave. AT NOON!

*EDIT: ALSO YOU SHOULD PROBABLY TRY TO BRING WALKIE TALKIES TO KEEP THE GROUPS AS "TOGETHER" AS POSSIBLE! THERE IS VERY LIMITED CELLPHONE RECEPTION IN A LOT OF THESE PLACES. I'M BRINGING MY OWN SET.

Me and a few friends are arranging a big drive/meet for fun. All are invited, bring your friends!

It is going to be in the Skylands/Rockland County/Harriman State Park area for the most part. We already have our route just about planned. Also we have created a group on facebook to get a rough idea of those attending you can add me at facebook.com/facesmelt and request an invite to the group. I will be creating a guest list just for rough estimates and dinner reservations. But I aim to overshoot by at least 5 to account for error anyway.

I'm posting this here and in my friends Mini forums as well as on facebook and possibly in more Subaru forums.

Me and my friends go up there all the time, and the police are scarce to say the least. Just to give you the heads up.

Here is the direct quote from the facebook "event". it contains details about the trip and location:

Quote:

"We are trying to get a big, big group together. Please invite your friends if they have sport cars and want to go for a nice weekend drive.

We will be hitting some of the best roads we know of in the area and if you know any great roads that aren't listed on the map that will be posted, please let us know!!! We can try to add them.

We'll also be stopping somewhere for dinner later on.

Map of the path we will be following will be posted within the week.

DAN - EDIT: Alright, the route has been planned out. It is roughly routed, nothing is set in stone.

Pretty much, we are looking to hit up the following roads in an order that I already have memorized.

1. Skyline Drive/Stonetown Road
3. Rt. 106 - Kanawauke Road
4. Rt. 118 - Bostontown Road
5. Cedar Pond Road/Tiorati Brook Road
6. North 7 Lakes Drive (Bear Mountain)
7. Rt. 218 - Storm King Expressway (West Point) Note: Unless there is a HIGH demand, we will not go to this road. It is fun. But its VERY far out of the way.
8. Arden Valley Road
9. Rt. 17A
10. Long Meadow Road

That is all we have so far, we are still open to suggestions. Also, we have a map saved and this will be printed for all confirmed guests.

We will meet at the parking lot behind the Clearview Cinema Movie Theater in Washingtown Township.

We are also looking to have some sort of photoshoot. And may stop along the way. The lot at Bear Mountain seems like it might serve us best, as we are hoping to have 20+ cars attending.

I will be taking a video of the entire drive and posting it on youtube. Along with creating an album of every stop we take.

The route ends at the Applebee's on Route 17 North in the "Fashion Center". Which is where we will be eating dinner, all are welcome and we will be making rough reservations."
Upon request I can give directions to anybody.

-Dan