Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pro gram engineering sucks my d---

Old 12-01-2009, 06:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Pro gram engineering sucks my d---

THERE WORD MEANS NOTHING
I order a set of main caps ONE month ago, the first problem I had they forgot about my order so a week later i called back ( a guy answered) and he said they forgot and they would get right on them, I was thats great because PMI was waiting on them, then the following week still not here so called again a diffrent guy answered and told me that they were going to be done that friday and go out, I asked what do you mean they will be done, he told me they had to machine them out still, then he told me somebody would call me to verfiy the status, that was on a Wednesday, the following mon. I called to verify they went out and a lady answered and she told me that the would not be done for two more weeks and somebody would call me to straighten things up, two days later still no call so i called again and asked for the owner he got on and i asked what the hell was going on he told me they were still being machined (long story shorten) I chewed on his *** a little and I asked him to ship them two day air and knock a little off the price, he said he could do that, guess what i called today they went out ground on the 25 and they never gave any discount!!!!
If he would have not forgot the order and then just told me they had to be machined out and it might take a while i would have been kool with it but every body in the ******* company lies straight threw their ******* teeth
THE OWNER IS GETTING A PHONE CALL TOM.
DO NOT BUY FROM PRO GRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1
Old 12-01-2009, 08:07 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sounds like the owner was willing to work with you. I'd have called him again instead of posting on here and he might have given you more $$ off.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

I looked at the credit card statement tonight and he charged full price just 3 days ago after we had talked about him working on the price
he had time to give some green back
Old 12-01-2009, 09:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

not many if any use or have used those caps on ls motors.
ive put together a few ls motors and never used a single set.
but sounds like they got sh!tty customer service
Old 12-01-2009, 10:54 PM
TECH Regular

sounds like the guy is a grade a *****
Old 12-22-2009, 07:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

just thought i would also post this, i just got my block back and The guys at the machine shop told me thay have 3 days of machining for the rear main to get all the tolerances to work out, so the machine shop has also called pro gram to see if they could work out something for all the time they had in it to fix the F--- up,
but no, they did not stand behind there product, AGAIN, the machine shop ate 16 hours of fixing to get the cap to work, this company suck on there customer service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-22-2009, 08:11 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

like i asked on the bullet-how do you get 16 hours ties up into one main cap?

i've used several sets of pro gram caps on sbc's ls1's bbc's and ford,never one issue with their customer service or their products.In fact we just ordered several sets of caps today for some builds.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

I can machine my own cap out of billet with a dremel in less than 16 hours.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:11 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by NemeSS
not many if any use or have used those caps on ls motors.
I've got 'em. No problems.

FWIW I've never heard of a shop calling a vendor they did not directly purchase parts through to try and get $$. In my experience if you bought they parts, they will charge you for the extra time and then its up to you to fight the vendor for $$.
Old 12-23-2009, 03:13 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

I hope your building a motor worth going thru all this hassle to change the main caps in the 1st place.
Old 12-23-2009, 08:45 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You could buy Katech main caps right now for $180 less. They are in stock and could be shipped on Monday.
Old 12-23-2009, 09:43 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Katech
You could buy Katech main caps right now for $180 less. They are in stock and could be shipped on Monday.
/End Thread
Old 12-25-2009, 09:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

as the machine shop told me, they worked on the rear for about 3hours (first day) and then they called program to see what was up, in the machine shops words, they did the same thing to them as they did to me, they said they would look into the specs of my caps and see what was wrong but again nothing happen,on the next day my machine shop called back again, and again they said some bull **** excuse so the machine shop i gusse worked on the caps at there own nolige to get all the tolerances and squareness in line, program never implied they would help out on any of the money and time wasted to fix there screw up
Old 12-25-2009, 09:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Soul Crusher
/End Thread
it might be 180 cheaper, but hell after this long of await with the money and time already in these caps, i cant just change to a different product, i dont have any money backing me, i just play as hard as i can out of my own pocket
like 95% on here
Old 12-25-2009, 09:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by KCFormula
I've got 'em. No problems.

FWIW I've never heard of a shop calling a vendor they did not directly purchase parts through to try and get $$. In my experience if you bought they parts, they will charge you for the extra time and then its up to you to fight the vendor for $$.
the machine shop I use told me they always use there caps with some of there engines with no problems, they really dont know why they are being so hard to deal with on my caps

Search this Thread