Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Drag Bar on a DD

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 09:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drag Bar on a DD

I tried searching but found nothing relevant to what i was looking for.

How many of you are running a drag bar on your DD ? If so how does it effect your everyday driving and do you drive year round (winter) ?

Thanks,
Joe
Old 12-03-2009, 07:16 AM
11 Second Club

I got a Strange 12 bolt w/ the BMR xtreme sway bar recently. It feels the same driving around town, etc. My front sway bar is off, so no driving crazy. But it feels the same until you hit the gas really good. Can't comment on extreme cornering or anything like that.

I'm in Florida, can't comment on winter driving.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:20 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Our extreme anti roll bar is designed for drag racing. We do have customers that use the bar on their dd. I do not recommend doing any serious corner carving with the drag bar. It is definitely not a handling sway bar. If you are in a snowing climate and use the car everyday you will need to make sure that you keep the QA1 links clean and lubricated and you should not have any issues. If you have any questions please let me know.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 12-03-2009, 01:36 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BMR Sales
Our extreme anti roll bar is designed for drag racing. We do have customers that use the bar on their dd. I do not recommend doing any serious corner carving with the drag bar. It is definitely not a handling sway bar. If you are in a snowing climate and use the car everyday you will need to make sure that you keep the QA1 links clean and lubricated and you should not have any issues. If you have any questions please let me know.
I understand they are designed solely for drag purposes. By serious corner carving are you implying that on ramp blast will be out of thee question ?
Old 12-03-2009, 03:17 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Wiktorek25
I understand they are designed solely for drag purposes. By serious corner carving are you implying that on ramp blast will be out of thee question ?
The drag bar stiffens the rear up to where it makes the car really loose in the tail end. If you where doing some drifting it would work excellent but it would be very risky to take a corner at high speed with that bar on.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 12-03-2009, 03:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Why not just get an adjustable one? I know Strano makes one, as well as a few other places.
Old 12-03-2009, 03:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BMR Sales
The drag bar stiffens the rear up to where it makes the car really loose in the tail end. If you where doing some drifting it would work excellent but it would be very risky to take a corner at high speed with that bar on.
Understandable, it appears that a drag bar would not be the best of options for what i am looking for.

Originally Posted by Black_Z28
Why not just get an adjustable one? I know Strano makes one, as well as a few other places.
I am looking for something that is a little thicker than stock, as to help straighten out launches and help with body twist.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I am looking for something that is a little thicker than stock, as to help straighten out launches and help with body twist.
Both bars that I know of are thicker then stock.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:28 PM
On The Tree

So i take it no one DD's their cars with this rear bar.

Originally Posted by Black_Z28
Both bars that I know of are thicker then stock.
I will check them out, they are also substantially cheaper that a "drag bar" I probably will go with either UMI or BMR though. Nothing against Stano its just the rest of my rear suspension is UMI and i want to keep a theme. lol, basically whichever is thicker.. and cheaper...

looks like UMI's is 22mm for 159.99 + shipping...

and BMR's is 25mm for 189.95 + shipping...

hmmm, decisions decisions lol...
Old 12-04-2009, 06:56 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So i take it no one DD's their cars with this rear bar.

I will check them out, they are also substantially cheaper that a "drag bar" I probably will go with either UMI or BMR though. Nothing against Stano its just the rest of my rear suspension is UMI and i want to keep a theme. lol, basically whichever is thicker.. and cheaper...

looks like UMI's is 22mm for 159.99 + shipping...

and BMR's is 25mm for 189.95 + shipping...

hmmm, decisions decisions lol...
Hello
I just wanted to leave you know that we are now offering our drag bars with 2 different settings. One will be for strictly race and the second setting will allow you to soften up the bar making it more streetable. If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help.
Thanks
Brad
Old 12-04-2009, 07:01 AM
On The Tree

Really, could you PM me with more info on this please...

Thanks,
Joe
Old 12-04-2009, 07:02 AM
FormerVendor

Sure thing Joe!
Thanks
Brad
Old 12-06-2009, 10:29 AM
Launching!

look into the adjustable hotchkis rear bar.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:06 PM
TECH Regular

Call Sam. He sells everything so he can educate you on everything. You won't regret it.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hey Brad can you PM me some info on this as well. I'm still trying to make up my mind on this as well. I didn't know about the adjustable feature
Old 12-07-2009, 06:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by CUR 4 VNM
look into the adjustable hotchkis rear bar.
Will do

Originally Posted by LastBlack02SS
Call Sam. He sells everything so he can educate you on everything. You won't regret it.
Will do this as well, i have talked to him about other things before and he is a genius when it comes to suspension. Not knocking him, but i know he does a lot of autoX, how is his drag racing tech though ?
Old 12-07-2009, 08:36 PM
TECH Regular

I think more important than just autoX or drag, Sam is very knowledgeable on the geometry of the car and how each component affects its performance, movement, characteristics. You tell him what you are looking to achieve and he will give you what he feels the best options are for you to achieve that.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:43 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LastBlack02SS
I think more important than just autoX or drag, Sam is very knowledgeable on the geometry of the car and how each component affects its performance, movement, characteristics. You tell him what you are looking to achieve and he will give you what he feels the best options are for you to achieve that.
exactly
Old 12-21-2009, 09:21 PM
Launching!

Brad, if you wanna post the info here instead of PMing everyone, its appreciated because I would like to know too.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:58 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 913MOTOR
Brad, if you wanna post the info here instead of PMing everyone, its appreciated because I would like to know too.
Hello
No Problem all you had to do is ask! Our Drag Bars feature 2 end link mounting locations for both on the street (makes the bar looser) and the second hole makes the bar tighter (for the strip). Our bars feature QA1 rod ends. And they clear all aftermarket rear ends that don't already have sway bar mounting brackets. Comes with everything you need to install. If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help.
Thanks
Brad

Quick Reply: Drag Bar on a DD