Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trick performance v series gauge with nano

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 10:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default trick performance v series gauge with nano

Anyone use the v series gauge from trick performance with a nano kit? can it still calculate how much nitrous is in the tank even though there may be nitrogen in it form the nano...Basically will it still work

Also would I need dif fuel jet setting when using a nano with a wet kit?

I guess my main concern is if its always at ideal pressure it would be hard to tell how much nitrous is in the tank..Dont wan to run out and run really rich and just spray fuel in the intake..So if the v series will still work I may use it..
Old 12-03-2009, 10:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I m using the trick guage. It has a wire feed to the solenoid(s), Basically you set the bottle to full (with full bottle) and you tell the gauge what size shot it is. It knows when it spraying and calculates remaining nitrous. This of course is subjective to what you want to define as a full bottle vs empty. When you feel the bottle is empty you tell the gauge its empty. Once programmed it will track the bottle usage, per you definition of empty.

I have not sprayed alot with the nano yet, next season it will probably be exclusive Nano.

Video showing menus and screens
http://www.retrorelics.net/jim/Board...ck%20Gauge.WMV
Old 12-03-2009, 02:33 PM
Chris@NitroDaves

Nice vid Beer
Old 12-03-2009, 10:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

Wow that thing is sweet!
Old 12-03-2009, 11:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beer is right regarding how the gauge determines nitrous volume remaining in the tank... It sees nitrous flow per time (determined by the size of the shot) and uses that to determine how much is left in the bottle. It does not actually take an emperical meaurement of the volume of nitrous (or in your thinking nitrous plus nitrogen) left in the bottle.

As to your second question (do you have to jet up the fuel side when using a nano kit?) the answer is yes!!!! I want to say that NANO wants you to add something like 20% more fuel when using their setup... I'd check the instructions or call them (or any of the vendors on this site) to find out the exact percentage. Use their number as a starting point though... Pull plugs and verify AF measurements!!!!

Your concern as to running rich because of always having an exact nitrous pressure is pretty null and void. As long as the bottle doesn't run completely out of nitrous (user error) the AF should remain steady. That is the whole reason in having the nano kit (so that AF doesn't change during a pass due to bottle pressure diminishing as nitrous leaves the bottle)

Quick Reply: trick performance v series gauge with nano