New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2002 ws6 logo question

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 05:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 ws6 logo question

why is it that some cars have a red bird on the back of the car and some are white? is there a difference between the two? right now mine is red but you cant see it from far away so was thinking about changing it to the white. does anyone know? i dont know what the parts are called...one is the license plate filler and the second is the panel where u open the truck with your key.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:46 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by bwilde
why is it that some cars have a red bird on the back of the car and some are white? is there a difference between the two? right now mine is red but you cant see it from far away so was thinking about changing it to the white. does anyone know? i dont know what the parts are called...one is the license plate filler and the second is the panel where u open the truck with your key.
The rear center tail light trunk key hole plastic insert has red "trans Am" and bird script on every 4th gen Trans Am EXCEPT for the following special edition cars

1994 25th Anniversary Trans Am had white Trans Am script and a white bird
1999 30th Anniversary Trans Am had white Trans Am script and a white bird
2002 yellow Collector Edition Trans Am had silver Trans Am script and a silver bird.

All 93-97 Formulas had a blank center section that was all black with no script or bird.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

so the whites mean the car is a special edition? ok it was driving me nuts. i like the look of the white better than the red. So is it "wrong" to get a new rear panel to make it white? Or will people think im doing it to try to fool people into thinking its a special edition car? but didnt know why they had different colors. thanks!
Old 12-03-2009, 08:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bwilde86
so the whites mean the car is a special edition? ok it was driving me nuts. i like the look of the white better than the red. So is it "wrong" to get a new rear panel to make it white? Or will people think im doing it to try to fool people into thinking its a special edition car? but didnt know why they had different colors. thanks!
It could simply be an overlay, a white decal over the original script and bird.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:36 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by bwilde86
It's only a special edition if it's a 94 25th anniv, a 99 30th anniv, or a 02 CETA. All others have replaced it for asthetic value like you want to.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Here's a pic of mine, which by no means is a special edition:

Old 12-03-2009, 08:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

nice. I wanted to do it. but didnt want to listen to stupid people saying i did it to make it look the aniversary car. Im going to have this car til i die so didnt want to hear people for 60 yrs.... thanks guys...i think im gonna go for it and say screw it to everyone who talks ha ha