Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

ttix exhaust manifolds on f body

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 08:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ttix exhaust manifolds on f body

i am wondering if i will be able to run the exhaust manifolds off a ttix (turbo technology inc) c5 vette kit with their turbochargers on my camaro. ac is deleted, alternator is relocated and bmr turbo k member is installed.

any help would be appreciated. i have an opportunity to buy a set, but it will be useless to me if i can not use them on my camaro.

Old 12-03-2009, 11:20 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

I was told one side fits good and not so good on the other, although I can't remember which is which. And let me say that I didn't try it so it was only what one person told me they tried etc... GL! Let us know if they work for you.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:04 AM
TECH Addict

i was thinking i can rotate the manifolds if they do not fit, so that the turbo flange is at the front of the motor instead of being in the back. that will place the turbo where the ac compressor used to be and the other one where the alternator used to be.

ill see if i can borrow a set of manifolds to test fit on my car.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

i figured someone as knowledgeable with turbo systems as you claim to be would have all the answers elias...
Old 12-04-2009, 02:03 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can tell u this the manifolds will not work the turbos will hit the motor mounts, but look in the calling out aps thread there is a link for where to buy the aps manifolds
Old 12-04-2009, 02:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

i dont know, elias has claimed in past threads that he know's how turbos work so perhaps manifolds is not the way to go,... i only offer my suggestions since i have never had the system in question but will offer my opinion
Old 12-04-2009, 08:31 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Home Built Pro
I can tell u this the manifolds will not work the turbos will hit the motor mounts, but look in the calling out aps thread there is a link for where to buy the aps manifolds
Anyone find this thread? Intrested in the manifolds.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:14 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by hawk584
i figured someone as knowledgeable with turbo systems as you claim to be would have all the answers elias...
i am sry but i did not design the manifolds. if you do not have anything helpful to say please keep it to yourself.

and for the aps manifolds you will need a specific turbocharger (the one that comes with the kit) and those turbochargers are no good. and you will not be able to fit another one because the exhaust housing of the tubo is one of a kind. and lg replacements seem a little too much.

Quick Reply: ttix exhaust manifolds on f body