Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Having some serious idle issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 04:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Having some serious idle issues

Ok here's the situation: On cold starts, the car is perfect. My problem is mainly with hot-starts. On a hot-start, it has to hunt for a minute to find the idle, usually bouncing around 600 while it's hunting. While driving, if I come up to a stop sign and push in the clutch or drop it into neutral it will do one of two things: 1)idle will drop down to 500-600 or 2)idle will go UP to 2k+.

The issue only arises 50% of the time or so. The other 50% of the time, the car is perfect.

I have replaced my Throttle Position Sensor, Idle Air Control Valve, cleaned my MAF using MAF cleaner, reset the PCM, and done an Idle Relearn Procedure.

Anybody have any ideas? This is getting very frustrating.

BTW: I don't have autotap or hptuners or anything, so I can't answer any of those questions.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:54 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by W es 6
Ok here's the situation: On cold starts, the car is perfect. My problem is mainly with hot-starts. On a hot-start, it has to hunt for a minute to find the idle, usually bouncing around 600 while it's hunting. While driving, if I come up to a stop sign and push in the clutch or drop it into neutral it will do one of two things: 1)idle will drop down to 500-600 or 2)idle will go UP to 2k+.

The issue only arises 50% of the time or so. The other 50% of the time, the car is perfect.

I have replaced my Throttle Position Sensor, Idle Air Control Valve, cleaned my MAF using MAF cleaner, reset the PCM, and done an Idle Relearn Procedure.

Anybody have any ideas? This is getting very frustrating.

BTW: I don't have autotap or hptuners or anything, so I can't answer any of those questions.
Without a tune and/or data logs posted, it's all just speculation.

But, chances are the fueling is off. Idle airflow table may be off. Idle spark table/s. TC/TF tables. The list goes on.....and on.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:28 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

mine has been having the same problem

but it also doesnt want to do a proper cold start, cold start idle is set to 1000 but it wants to try to idle at 650-700