Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pulley swop now belt squeals!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 02:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pulley swop now belt squeals!!!

original set up = 2002 firehawk engine pulley configuration.. new set up = 2002 corvette pulley configuration. All bracketry is factory pieces and went together without a hitch.
PROBLEM= belt squeal!!
I have warrantied the belt 2 times so far and withing a couple hours the belt is squealing again. I have located the squeal to be most pronounced on the leading end of the crank pulley. The crank pulley has perfect ribs no nicks or cracks anywhere and absolutley no wobble.
QUESTION has anyone had a similar problem ?? or any ideas on how to stop this anoying belt squeek
Old 12-05-2009, 05:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

is the pulley you put on smaller than the original? if so you'll need a smaller belt or it will sqeal.
Old 12-05-2009, 06:08 PM
Launching!

no the belt I used was the proper one for the corvette accessories a I have checked and rechecked to make sure and the tensioner is in the fully loaded position not a tension issue
Old 12-05-2009, 06:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

sounds like belt isnt tight enough, the tensioner could be bad
Old 12-05-2009, 06:56 PM
Launching!

well its brand new tensioner (new set up) and i have checked the belt tension and it is tighter then my original set up.

I have seen a few more threads now sudesting the prbability it being the belt style, the belt i bought was a gates belt not a delco, im going to try using a different belt maybe one of the goodyear gator back belts from another suplier this week