Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

m6 to a4 conv.. wiring help please!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 09:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default m6 to a4 conv.. wiring help please!

I read stickies and did a search... still have questions.

I already did the a4 to m6 conversion in my race car...Pretty easy. now I am doing the opposite to my street strip car. I have the 00 A4 engine harness. I just installed the pedals and steering column. I have a pigtail wire set up that I believe was on the M6 pedals (can't remember because I completed the other car 6 mths ago) This pig tail didn't plug into anything in the A4 car, so I figured it must stay with the M6 car. Now that I put the pedals in, I still have a connector on the pig tail that doesn't pug anywhere in the car..... it is a black flat connector with I think 4 wires (not in my hand right now). I know there is a 2 wire connector that is part of the car, that would go to the clutch pedal. I can't for the life of me figure out where the hell this black connector goes! Anybody know?

Also, I am not completly understanding the part that showed the two engine harness connectors that go in the car. Am I supposed to switch the wires around that go to the M6 body harness to make other things function? Or do I just tap into them and wire them to the plug on the A4 shifter because they don't do anything now on the M6 harness?

Thanks