Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Va Speed. We'd like to apologize.......

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 01:15 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Va Speed. We'd like to apologize.......

It has come to our attention as of late, that our customer service has been, well, lacking, to put it mildly.

I don't know how many of you reading this have had a bad personal experience with any of our crew, but I would like to say if you have, please don't take it as a representation of our business ideals. While we strive for technical perfection, we understand that customer relations is just as important, if not more.

If it were at all possible, Shawn and I would handle all customer interactions. But, that's not possible, so we've had to depend on our front counter guys to do that, and it's proven to be very problematic.

We want everyone to understand, we're trying to rectify the problems, and we're in the process of a personnel change over that we hope will do the trick. Please bear with us while we go through these growing pains. If you've done business with us before, and for whatever reason have been turned off by your experience, I ask you to give us another try.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats very cool of you guys to apologize like that cause alot of buissnes dont realize that good customer service is key.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:36 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 2002camaroSS
Thats very cool of you guys to apologize like that cause alot of buissnes dont realize that good customer service is key.
Thanks man. We're trying.......
Old 12-07-2009, 01:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

VERY admirable that you post up and apologize. Very glad to hear you guys are working to improve things there. While I have never dealt with you guys personally, I know people who have. And am glad to see a sponsor taking pride in their work and customer perception.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:46 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You're not alone. I can't count how many sponsors on here have a person handling phone orders that is for the most part clueless. Whenever I order something I usually have a technical question and would like a correct answer, so I would like to talk to THE MAN. Rossler trans. is one business that comes to mind where the owner fields all technical calls. Carl must be on the phone all day long.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:15 PM
TECH Addict

I have found that there are two types of people in the automotive world...those with great mechanical skill but who lack personal skills...and those who have great people skills but who lack the mechanical touch...

It is rare to encounter both simultaneously...

VA Speed- The first step to fixing a problem is admitting you have one. Kudos for grabbing it by the ***** and handling it, many businesses have trouble doing that!

+1 for responsible leadership over at VA Speed.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:24 PM
11 Second Club

i had a problem with shawn. i was shopping around for a motor, and he was quick to reply. the other person i was trying to contact, i was calling, and should have been emailing or pm-ing. it just worked out better for be to go to the other person. also thats who i wanted to do my motor in the 1st place. Here is my issue. i know cam specs need to be spot on. the builder said if i had specs i wanted or if i wanted to use another cam to tell him, he feels good about his cams but he said hes not the best. after reading what shawn helped with phill and fireball i wanted him to spec me out a cam. so i pmed him saying i was having the motor built else where and that i wanted him to spec me a cam. well i was pretty much told to **** off.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Glad you guys are making things right, customer service is very important.

Originally Posted by 2002camaroSS
x2

Originally Posted by 2001WS6Vert
Rossler trans. is one business that comes to mind where the owner fields all technical calls. Carl must be on the phone all day long.
The day I was there he was on the phone a LOT. Very very nice/cool guy. I was there for around 8 hours while they rebuilt a trans for me.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:42 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by bad6as
i had a problem with shawn. i was shopping around for a motor, and he was quick to reply. the other person i was trying to contact, i was calling, and should have been emailing or pm-ing. it just worked out better for be to go to the other person. also thats who i wanted to do my motor in the 1st place. Here is my issue. i know cam specs need to be spot on. the builder said if i had specs i wanted or if i wanted to use another cam to tell him, he feels good about his cams but he said hes not the best. after reading what shawn helped with phill and fireball i wanted him to spec me out a cam. so i pmed him saying i was having the motor built else where and that i wanted him to spec me a cam. well i was pretty much told to **** off.
not trying to be rude,but my time i very valuable.I spent several hours of my time pricing you out different combos and options,this was done through countless pm's.After i spend all of that time,you tell me that i am not good enough to build your engine but i am good enough to give you my knowledege on turbo cams.I didn't tell you to **** off,i just said i wasn't interested in selling you a cam.Have a great day and good luck.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:55 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Shawn @ VA Speed
not trying to be rude,but my time i very valuable.I spent several hours of my time pricing you out different combos and options,this was done through countless pm's.After i spend all of that time,you tell me that i am not good enough to build your engine but i am good enough to give you my knowledege on turbo cams.I didn't tell you to **** off,i just said i wasn't interested in selling you a cam.Have a great day and good luck.

.........was going to reply but nevermind.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:54 PM
TECH Addict

I had no issue quick responses from shawn and I havent spent a dime at va speed very honest and straight forward imho.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:42 PM
9 Second Club

LOL... Seriously what did you expect?
I wouldnt have been as nice as Shawn, I would have told you to *** off.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:57 PM
11 Second Club

no big deal. he said if i found a cam i wanted to use let him know. so i thought i would ask va speed. case closed.

atv whats the deal with 275x friend was telling me something about it at mir?
Old 12-07-2009, 08:03 PM
7 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Shawn has done alot for my program and I trust him in every way. I can sense your alittle twisted about the cam but honestly its for the best. Lets say you get one of Shawns cams and it doesn't work with your combination because its not setup like ours you'd be pissed. You'd end up bad mouthing the cam when its not even the cam but the engine combination.

But on the other hand you get a cam and it works like a champ, thats your engine builders new combo without any of the R & D or money we've had to spend getting the program right. Major engine builders are starting to refuse sales on turbo camshafts to guys that don't run their engine combos. Try calling proline and see what happens.

4.70 @ 164 speaks loud and clear for what Virginia Speed can do in the power department for an LS motor. Thanks Shawn!
Old 12-07-2009, 08:21 PM
11 Second Club

phill your cars speaks very loud and clear. i tell my friends about yours and fireballs car all the time. bottom line is i went with hke because i got a long block and covers for less then VA speeds longblock. hke is a known builder so i felt like why not save some money i am on a budget. im not knocking on Shawn skills at all. if i was i would not be asking for him to spec a cam. so for me it came down to cost when buying the engine. im trying to get a car together and drive it to ocean city in may. this is my 1st build from a roller. so a bit overwhelmed? i sure am. im just trying to get the best combo with the money i have. would spending extra with Shawn be worth it later on down the road i don't know. time will tell. and i guess i wouldn't even call it a problem i had with Shawn, just my own misunderstanding. i did not mean to get on any ones bad side, i still have a ton of things to learn and lots of questions about building a fast car. Shawn. my apologies
Old 12-07-2009, 08:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

phill your cars speaks very loud and clear. i tell my friends about yours and fireballs car all the time. bottom line is i went with hke because i got a long block and covers for less then VA speeds longblock. hke is a known builder so i felt like why not save some money i am on a budget. im not knocking on Shawn skills at all. if i was i would not be asking for him to spec a cam. so for me it came down to cost when buying the engine. im trying to get a car together and drive it to ocean city in may. this is my 1st build from a roller. so a bit overwhelmed? i sure am. im just trying to get the best combo with the money i have. would spending extra with Shawn be worth it later on down the road i don't know. time will tell. and i guess i wouldn't even call it a problem i had with Shawn, just my own misunderstanding. i did not mean to get on any ones bad side, i still have a ton of things to learn and lots of questions about building a fast car. Shawn. my apologies
Well to him you seemed like a tire kicker, to you he seemed like an ******* for not spec'ing you a cam. :shrug:
Old 12-07-2009, 08:51 PM
On The Tree

Sooo back on topic...kudo's on accepting personal responsibility!!!
Old 12-07-2009, 10:25 PM
Banned

Shawn and all the Guys at VA Speed. Keep up the good work. The growing pains are all something we have and or will encounter. Your work speaks for itself. Keep doing what you are doing and correct what you can to make thing better and you will be fine.

Hell, I am no means the fastest building kits. I just strive to build everyone as if it were my own. I catch plenty of flack for it at times. I still field al the phone calls and emails too. I am an **** SOB when it comes to my Shop and my Rep. It is something that has kept me a smaller company by choice. I like it though.

You guys prove time and time again to be on your game. Stay at it.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:54 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Shawn @ VA Speed
so basically those hours you spent with him were for nothing but you could have at least got a small cam deal out of it? sounds kinda lame to me on your part
Old 12-08-2009, 07:17 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by extremetoy
so basically those hours you spent with him were for nothing but you could have at least got a small cam deal out of it? sounds kinda lame to me on your part
that's your opinion