Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roll Cage help / Questions

Old 12-07-2009, 01:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roll Cage help / Questions

I'm looking to put a 10-point roll cage in my 2001 Camaro Z28.

Does anyone have pictures of an installed 10-point cage? I'm most concerned with where it mounts to the floor and if/where/how I need to cut my dash.

Thanks in advanced guys!!!

Greg
Old 12-07-2009, 03:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wolferacecraft sells a very nice cage kit, they have alot of pics on their website

www.wolferacecraft.com

You can also check out this thread, looks like a nice looking cage kit

https://ls1tech.com/forums/new-produ...-ky-turbo.html
Old 12-07-2009, 04:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a wolfe 6 that I know I can upgrade to a 8/10 with there add one. Had a bolt on 6 and loved the way it fits. I got some bars that didnt fit as well as Ive seen there other stuff. So called them about it. And send me new bars, I didnt have to send anything back or pay anything. It was weeks later too. I was happy, that really means somthing with the ecomy the way it is. Its easy for a shop not to want, to do aomthing like that right now. For somthing you a call and order over the phone, and weld in your garge. Only needed to change a few notched with a little hand grinder. Slight... like 1/16 to nothing blend so the notch it tight 360*. And I'me sure that was 90* me not putting all the tubes so there notches were tight 1st. I wanted to move things a little bit... layed the hoop back a little more when I was thinking I was going to use the stock seats still. Look into the wolfe, there site is great. and there alot of good pics on info on there stuff here.

were do you live? I've aslo seen some really nice one that fit these cars. I htink it was KP that went to PAP or somthing like that? On the east coast, think it was in maryland? that had a special last winter when there were slow for somthing Like 600 installed. it was a killer deal. I liked the way the front halo wasn't a hoop, thats easy to make. But not really that impressed with the way it fits these cars. Also saw some work from NCR? (I really should know the name of thes places) thay have a really nice DR c5. But do the front Apiler bars with a double bend. Like they come upward off the main hoop to the T-top, Kinda over inside the latch, then a bend mid Ttop cutting the corner of the headliner. The the down bend to the dash up inside the Apiller after the headlinder. Tight to the windsheild. Instead of just going stairt under the Ttop latch, to were the headliner ends and down. Fits the car alot better with a lot more helmet room.

Last edited by studderin; 12-07-2009 at 04:24 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:16 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by studderin
I have a wolfe 6 that I know I can upgrade to a 8/10 with there add one. Had a bolt on 6 and loved the way it fits. I got some bars that didnt fit as well as Ive seen there other stuff. So called them about it. And send me new bars, I didnt have to send anything back or pay anything. It was weeks later too. I was happy, that really means somthing with the ecomy the way it is. Its easy for a shop not to want, to do aomthing like that right now. For somthing you a call and order over the phone, and weld in your garge. Only needed to change a few notched with a little hand grinder. Slight... like 1/16 to nothing blend so the notch it tight 360*. And I'me sure that was 90* me not putting all the tubes so there notches were tight 1st. I wanted to move things a little bit... layed the hoop back a little more when I was thinking I was going to use the stock seats still. Look into the wolfe, there site is great. and there alot of good pics on info on there stuff here.

were do you live? I've aslo seen some really nice one that fit these cars. I htink it was KP that went to PAP or somthing like that? On the east coast, think it was in maryland? that had a special last winter when there were slow for somthing Like 600 installed. it was a killer deal. I liked the way the front halo wasn't a hoop, thats easy to make. But not really that impressed with the way it fits these cars. Also saw some work from NCR? (I really should know the name of thes places) thay have a really nice DR c5. But do the front Apiler bars with a double bend. Like they come upward off the main hoop to the T-top, Kinda over inside the latch, then a bend mid Ttop cutting the corner of the headliner. The the down bend to the dash up inside the Apiller after the headlinder. Tight to the windsheild. Instead of just going stairt under the Ttop latch, to were the headliner ends and down. Fits the car alot better with a lot more helmet room.
Your thinking of bob and jay at NRC motorsports
Old 12-07-2009, 05:35 PM
12 Second Club

I've seen a Wolfe 10 pt in person and it is a very sharp looking piece!
Old 12-07-2009, 07:20 PM
TECH Regular

on my car the front runners hit the floor on the drivers side right under the hood latch and directly across on the passengers side. and the main hoop on miune is mounted differently since my car is backhalfed i mounted it to the crossmember, but the main hoop would mount on the front hump of the back seats(if that makes sense). and ive installed a few wolfe kits and if you fit the front runners right they can be as tight as touching the pillars, wolfe makes a great kit.-tony-
Old 12-07-2009, 09:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ya I beilve it was them, you know what work Im talking about badd SS?

other shop was PAF i remembed
Old 12-07-2009, 10:36 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Greg 01Z28
I'm looking to put a 10-point roll cage in my 2001 Camaro Z28.

Does anyone have pictures of an installed 10-point cage? I'm most concerned with where it mounts to the floor and if/where/how I need to cut my dash.

Thanks in advanced guys!!!

Greg
Old 12-08-2009, 05:59 AM
Teching In

Yeah thanks guys! So it looks like I'll have to remove / cut my dash. Alright. So...how hard is it to remove a dash? LOL never done it in a LS1
Old 12-08-2009, 08:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

how does the bar on the A Pillar go through the dash? Does the dash need a hole saw put to it?
Old 12-08-2009, 08:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default dfdfd

Yeah thanks guys! So it looks like I'll have to remove / cut my dash. Alright. So...how hard is it to remove a dash? LOL never done it in a LS1
A bunch of screws. Takes about 45 min your first time.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:57 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by tee-boy
how does the bar on the A Pillar go through the dash? Does the dash need a hole saw put to it?
on my dash i just cut a slit in it to slide over the bar, but if you want it to look nice you can cut a slit with a jig saw then have a hole where the bar would be and slip it over the bar. -tony-
Old 12-08-2009, 04:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default dfdd

Originally Posted by chvypwr31
on my dash i just cut a slit in it to slide over the bar, but if you want it to look nice you can cut a slit with a jig saw then have a hole where the bar would be and slip it over the bar. -tony-
thanks. Now I know.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:59 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by chvypwr31
Do you have pictures and did you ahve to remove anything behind the dash?
Old 12-09-2009, 06:08 PM
TECH Regular

ill b at the shop this weekend ill get pictures then and i took everything out from behind my dashwith the intent of it not going back in so i didnt even try to re-fit it.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:44 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by studderin
ya I beilve it was them, you know what work Im talking about badd SS?

other shop was PAF i remembed
yep! PAF is good from what i've heard... I will be offering custom cages soon too...

Done some wolfe's, and they are nice for the money!
Old 12-10-2009, 10:57 AM
Teching In

Is it possable to just cut a hole in the top of the dash and slide the bar through and weld it to the plate? or is there just too much stuff under the dash?
Old 12-10-2009, 10:58 AM
Teching In

Thanks for all the info so far guys. this is helping alot before I tear down the car and buy parts!
Old 12-10-2009, 06:38 PM
TECH Regular

Is it possable to just cut a hole in the top of the dash and slide the bar through and weld it to the plate? or is there just too much stuff under the dash?
im sure its possible and has been done but youll never be able to get the dash out then and it might be a little tricky to hold the dash in place and the bar in place to weld it.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't think this would be possible. I just installed a Wolfe 10 point in my Firebird, on the left side the metal behind the dash needs to be cut out, the right, umm maybe but I doubt it. Best thing I can tell you is take all of the interior out of the car and start from there

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Roll Cage help / Questions