Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous Outlet plate or Harris Speed's plate

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 07:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous Outlet plate or Harris Speed's plate

Which one do you guys recommend? Has anyone tried both? Trying to decide which one to go with. Thanks
Old 12-07-2009, 07:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

Id say go with either hsw's dry plate or n20 outlet's wet plate. Both are great setups!
Old 12-07-2009, 07:56 PM
9 Second Club

We have ran both the HSW 90mm plate and the N2o Daves plate 90mm, had better results with N2o Daves, Opinions will vary, I have had exceptional customer service with N2o Daves, They are actually working on the new set-up right now.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:15 PM
Staging Lane

I run HSW plate. I order from anyone who has the best price on what I want!!
Old 12-07-2009, 10:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I dont think you can go wrong with either honestly, they both make great products and its all personal opinion.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

i dont have experience with Harris, but i just got a nitrous outlet plate and its great! and the NO customer is seriously the BEST i have ever seen from anyone!!!!!!
Old 12-08-2009, 02:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Nasti98Z
We have ran both the HSW 90mm plate and the N2o Daves plate 90mm, had better results with N2o Daves, Opinions will vary, I have had exceptional customer service with N2o Daves, They are actually working on the new set-up right now.
could you go into what sort of differences you found? was it distribution or overall flow?

just for reference, here's a picture of the nitrous outlet wet plate

my hsw wet plate (blocked off fuel side as i'm using it as a single jet dry).

i personally went with the hsw plate due to the lower profile and that it doesn't advertise itself as a nitrous setup to a casual observer. although, nitrous outlet also offers to custom fabricate a plate to your specific needs.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:27 AM
Restricted User

Does any one have dyno numbers on either plate comparing the same shot? I have seen the nitrous outlet plate work first hand on one of my customer's cars and we picked up alot at the track....just curious to see if anyone has any bench racing numbers to throw around....hopefully both sponsors chime in on this one...I'm subscribing cause I was considering both my winter build....
Old 12-08-2009, 07:35 AM
11 Second Club

i'd personally just order whatever you can get a better deal on. I have hsw kit on my car now and when i move up to a 92mm fast i'll get whatever one i get a better deal on.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:09 AM
Staging Lane

I have no experience with harris plate but I have a nitrous outlet plate. I just went to track and picked up 6 tenths on a 50 shot.. dyno numbers show that I picked up advertised hp to rear tire and a bunch more torque. so i do know for a fact that nitrous outlets plate hits hard.. jus my 2 cents
Old 12-14-2009, 03:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

man Id really like to hear both sponsors chime in. I am about to make this decision

I like how the HSW has 10 holes all around the perimeter for even distribution,
they have a cool video that looks convincing on their website. Also it seems to be less expensive than the n20 outlet
Old 12-14-2009, 04:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have an HSW plate kit. I bought every part for my nitrous system from them last year when they were having that insane Christmas sale. Since I bought it and installed it they've been nothing but helpful when I had problems with my kit(all of them due to my mistakes). Whether it was through email or on the phone I'm extremely happy with my purchase.

Eventhough I have no experience with any of Nitro Dave's parts doing a quick search will show you that they also have some awesome parts and customer service.

I bought from HSW because of their prices and they are somewhat local, so if I ever need to stop by their shop I can.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dandrea86
I have no experience with harris plate but I have a nitrous outlet plate. I just went to track and picked up 6 tenths on a 50 shot.. dyno numbers show that I picked up advertised hp to rear tire and a bunch more torque. so i do know for a fact that nitrous outlets plate hits hard.. jus my 2 cents
I picked up over a second with my Nitrous Outlet plate on a 100shot. HSW is a stand up company so I don't think you can go wrong with either.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:33 PM
Teching In

i wnt with the hsw 90mm plate kit..running a great xmas deal right now
Old 12-17-2009, 02:21 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Both are a good setup, just don't buy either thinking you can put more then 200 hp thru them safely without having problems.

There's a guy on here that was putting 375 rwhp thru one, and guess what, next thing he knows there's a big explosion and his car's on fire..... these plates are good for street cars with a 100 to 150 shot, good as a first stage on a car that's spraying 300+, and are a good way to get your feet wet with nitrous.. they're not like a plate you put on a carb car that you can put 500 hp thru (also not the best idea)
Old 12-17-2009, 03:38 PM
FormerVendor

^^^^Listen to that advice.

Here is the bottom line

https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-o...-sale-hsw.html

You will never find a better deal for such a high quality kit, $399 is insanely low. Not to offend you or anyone else in this thread, you would have to be stupid not to jump on this deal or be very wealthy and not care about wasting money.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:19 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thank you for everyone that has used our products and loves sharing there experience. I love seeing our customers speak for us.

To those reading along we are proud of the fact that we will never be the cheapest option. If focusing on the cheapest option is what you look for to determine what a great product is we are not the company for you.

While we agree that we are not the cheapest it is also a fact that we are not the most expensive.

At Nitrous Outlet we focus on building high flowing, power making products backed by the best customer service with most knowledgeable technical staff.

In order to continue to design innovative products and provide un matched customer service our products have to sale for a certain price in order to keep our doors open.

Ever wonder why you can call us and actually talk to a human being and get an answer to your technical question right then. Isn't it nice to not get stuck into this email me for a problem ticket crap.. Nothing like having service when you need it by someone that knows there stuff right? Well that service cost the company a great deal of money to provide.

Ever wonder why there are so many Nitrous Outlet customers making such big Horse power numbers and fast track times compared to the competition? Well that has to do with product design and quality.. These things cost money.

Here at Nitrous Outlet we concentrate on being the best! The results from our customers speak for us. Plain and simple. We are not the cheapest.....WE ARE THE BEST!!!!
Old 12-17-2009, 06:14 PM
FormerVendor

To the OP, just becareful of what technical advice you listen to around here, take a lot of what you hear with a grain of salt or things like this could happen to you...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-o...cs-inside.html
Old 12-17-2009, 06:34 PM
Staging Lane

The customer service that i have received from Nitrous Outlet has been more than enough for me to use them exclusively for all my nitrous needs. They really are the best in my opinion.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:36 PM
9 Second Club

Received 221 Likes on 164 Posts

Nitrous Outlet Plate hands down. Just look on the board, the fastest, vette,camaro, truck, gto all have nitrous outlet kits...that should tell you something right there. Sometimes you get what you pay for....nitrous kits is the last thing you want to cheap out on.

Quick Reply: Nitrous Outlet plate or Harris Speed's plate