Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

misfire help

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 09:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default misfire help

hey guys whats up. im in a bad spot here. ok, check engine light was on and codes were gas cap and purge solenoid. i replaced both and started the car and was shaking extremely bad. drive it not even 100 yards and service engine light starts flashing. get the code read and it is cyl 1 misfire. spark plug is fine. wire seems fine. can anyone please help me with this. its my daily driver and i dont need to be driving it on 7 cylinders for the next couple weeks. oh and for some stupid reason the other codes are still on there too. iv disconnected the battery for a while so hopefully the computer will reset itself and this is all just a fluke or something. if not then im screwed.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:09 PM
12 Second Club

Bad coil?
Old 12-09-2009, 01:02 PM
Staging Lane

bad coil or bad injector. you could swap coil and injector between #1 and #3 one at a time to narrow down what it is then replace whichever one is bad.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:08 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check the coil wiring you may have messed it up when you were working on the engine. Swap components with a known good cylinder as a simple test. If the problem mooves the component is bad COIL INJECTOR ETC. You cant clear codes by disconnecting the battery. Its an OBD2 system. What you did was set all the monitors NOT SET when you disconnect the battery.