Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust help!!

Old 12-08-2009, 04:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust help!!

so heres the deal i have a 2000 camaro z/28 and i am wanting a true dual set up with the moroso spiral flows and dumped before the axle. so i went to a couple local exhaust shops to see how much it was going to cost, but both more less said they would never do anything more than a muffler change. so what are my options? am i wanting to much or what. alittle help would be great
Old 12-08-2009, 05:18 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/item...d=196&catid=56

Click the options for Spiral flows and you have your system!

This exhaust does require LT headers. If you don't have headers, I have seen exhaust shops build connection pipes to connect the manifolds to the TD kit. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Jon
Old 12-08-2009, 05:24 PM
Teching In

thanks i have seen this setup and it sounds great. my only worry is i have read somewhere that you have to take the driveshaft safety loop off. is that true? and what headers would you recommend?
Old 12-08-2009, 05:41 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You have to take the factory tunnel brace out. It doesn't really do much at all as far as support goes. It won't hurt anything to remove it.

What kind of budget are you on? You can go with a set of Pacesetter LT headers and be just fine and make the same power as most of the more expensive headers. You can also go with ARH or Kook's if you want a stainless header. We have used this kit with the Kook's but haven't installed it yet on the ARH headers.

Jon
Old 12-08-2009, 05:46 PM
Teching In

im in highschool so im on a highschool budget. which REALLY suck by the way. so the cheaper the better but i do believe you get what you pay for. thanks for all the help hopefully i will be able to take a trip down there after christmas sometime and get myself a new years present.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I know your in highschool and I know you want it loud. TSP true dual kit is the way to go they can hear you coming. You fire it up and the girls will start coming over or asking you if it's fast. All you have to tell them is lets go for a ride and you can decide.lol
Old 12-09-2009, 02:24 AM
TECH Addict

I have the tsp duals with spiral flows. i love the sound, hate the clearance.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:38 AM
TECH Resident

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I have Kooks race headers with lanes true duals with spiral flows and I love it.*** Yes, I know they don't make the lanes anymore but I am giving input on the kooks and the spiral flows.*** Spiral flows sound very nice and especially at wot!

Search this Thread