Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Finally Bought something for the GTO!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 01:56 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally Bought something for the GTO!

It's been quite some time that I bought something for the GTO other than upkeep items. So happy about this purchase it's crazy!

HaHa... probably not what you were thinking!

Yup, Tiffany and I bought our first house, the first thing to be moved in was the GTO, to is new resting spot... the Garage!! 2009 has been a huge year for us, first the engagement in May and now the house which is in Dartmouth, MA. We're actually 2 miles from my Parents home!

So now you can see why I stopped racing really early in the season... I guess priorities change! (I also wasn't working overtime for the disposable cash flow like I had in previous years, but now my overtime is back in full swing, so I'll have to put some extra aside for next season)

The Transaction was so soo smooth!

Todd
Old 12-09-2009, 05:37 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ha ha Tiffany won!!!!!!!

Your out of Moms house
Old 12-09-2009, 05:52 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
Ha ha Tiffany won!!!!!!!

Your out of Moms house
Don you're right, she did have a say in the matter! It is close enough to home though, Mom's house is 3.5 minutes down the road for me. Tiffany though, she's got a 25-30 minute drive to her folks house. Its all good!
Hopefully in the spring I'll have enough $$$$ to epoxy the floor and put a two-post lift in the garage...and still go racing.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:32 AM
10 Second Club

Congrats house looks great. I almost went with a house a lot like that then we found a side entry garage that had more concrete and concrete is my friend.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:08 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Place looks awesome Todd, congrats! You will love it.
Yeah be prepared for a lot of things on the back burner. happens to most of us. it's worth it though, best investment you can make. Wish I had a 2 car garage...
Old 12-09-2009, 11:25 AM
Staging Lane

Congrats Todd!
Old 12-09-2009, 12:51 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Congrats man!! So that's where you've been hiding these days!! Good luck wth everything!
Old 12-09-2009, 01:50 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Nice house and garage. When we bought our house I fought so hard to get an oversized 2 car, but lost that battle. I've since lofted the ceiling and put in a 4-post lift that the t/a gets stored on for the winter.

It is funny how priorities change with a house, and then later with kids. I go back and forth between bigger cubes or pool table and wet bar in the basement... decisions decisions....
Old 12-09-2009, 06:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Todd Congrats again! Looking forward to coming by with Charlene sometime
Old 12-09-2009, 07:23 PM
11 Second Club

Congrats
Old 12-09-2009, 10:53 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by DannoWS6
Place looks awesome Todd, congrats! You will love it.
Yeah be prepared for a lot of things on the back burner. happens to most of us. it's worth it though, best investment you can make. Wish I had a 2 car garage...
Thanks Dan. Yeah its great and we're not even in there yet. The major things hitting the back burner are expensive vacations and traveling to race (Atco and Cecil County mainly). Beyond that it's all good. The car is paid for, the Harley is almost there as well, the quads are paid for... so it leaves just the truck, Tiffany's Scion and the house. Even better now that I am back on 60hr work weeks.

Of course then there's all the remodeling going on.. but having gone to a trade school I have buddies in all of the trades, my bro-in-law is free labor and he's a carpenter plus all the stuff I learned over the years. At this point I probably would have a $3000 Electrician bill and another $3-5000 for the carpentry work... luckily I have spent about $1200 on supplies and tools for myself.. LoL Tons of work done for only being in there 14 days.

Originally Posted by rdm85mcss
Congrats Todd!
Thanks Ron!

Originally Posted by Tracer X
Congrats man!! So that's where you've been hiding these days!! Good luck wth everything!
I haven't been hiding but I have been trying to keep money in my pocket instead of on the drag strip... Thanks Marcel!

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
Nice house and garage. When we bought our house I fought so hard to get an oversized 2 car, but lost that battle. I've since lofted the ceiling and put in a 4-post lift that the t/a gets stored on for the winter.

It is funny how priorities change with a house, and then later with kids. I go back and forth between bigger cubes or pool table and wet bar in the basement... decisions decisions....
Thanks man!

At first I really wanted a Huge garage with a Huge house (in that order), but it wasn't going to be practical for just the two of us. Then I agreed to buy a house without a garage so I could build my own to suit my liking... that wasn't going to happen either since I have BIG imagination when it comes to the garage.. so we decided on Location and a smaller house with a two car garage and enough land for growth and this is what we ended up with. The plan is to push the wall back another 25ft or so to make it a four stall with a garage door on the back to drive right through and have a loft/game room above it.

The theatre and dry-bar are going in the basement.... hopefully sooner than later. My car has been pretty much done for 3 years now so unless I get the Mod bug again, it'll do the job quite nicely.

Originally Posted by Krazy98Z28
Todd Congrats again! Looking forward to coming by with Charlene sometime
Thanks Marco... I'll let you know when the first party is... there's plenty of room with the 6 car driveway and 1/2 acre lot with the new 12x20' deck out back!
Old 12-10-2009, 05:31 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Good to hear your have some nice renovations going on now already. The great thing about home renovations is they actually increase the value of your home compaired to car mods which usually don't add much. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to be rocking a 402 with a blower, but considering the car gets driven less than 1000 miles a year, and I live in my house every single day, it's tough to justify some times.

So how big is the garage now? Looks like a 22x? Should be good for a while.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:54 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

House looks great, I wish I had that kind of lot size... next house will ertainyl have to be on an acre, this 1/4 acre sucks, gets filled up too quick with stuff

Congrats, that's a big step in the right direction, now you have a place you can rip it apart, and if it doesn't get back together that day, it's no biggie.

Now you're really gonna dig into the car, as time allows (house has a way of sucking up an UNREAL amount of time)
Old 12-10-2009, 09:50 AM
11 Second Club

I'll say congrats again haha. I have a feeling we wont be seeing the race track much next year with both of us buying houses in the last month!! I can't wait until spring so i can start building my garage!!
Old 12-10-2009, 10:34 AM
11 Second Club

Yeah my car got put on the back burner for sure. heck over the next year or so, I'm gonna pave the driveway, finish the basement, build a shed, maybe a carport.....Then when i'm done I'll probably sell it and move on. LOL That is if work ever gives me a raise...
Old 12-10-2009, 07:21 PM
Launching!

It looks like a really nice "home" in a nice area. Love to see a nice house on a good piece of property rather than all the McMansions built in my area on 0.31 acres.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:30 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
Good to hear your have some nice renovations going on now already. The great thing about home renovations is they actually increase the value of your home compaired to car mods which usually don't add much. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to be rocking a 402 with a blower, but considering the car gets driven less than 1000 miles a year, and I live in my house every single day, it's tough to justify some times.

So how big is the garage now? Looks like a 22x? Should be good for a while.
Yes as it sits, its a 22x22' with a really high peak... just have to move some supports around and reconfigure the door openers so I can install a lift.
As for the car.. It's aleady got the blower and plenty of HP, there's not much else I want to do with it other than a cam and roll cage. This year I have put about 1200 miles on it, most of which was a new clutch break-in.... and like five passes down the drag strip.

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
House looks great, I wish I had that kind of lot size... next house will ertainyl have to be on an acre, this 1/4 acre sucks, gets filled up too quick with stuff

Congrats, that's a big step in the right direction, now you have a place you can rip it apart, and if it doesn't get back together that day, it's no biggie.

Now you're really gonna dig into the car, as time allows (house has a way of sucking up an UNREAL amount of time)
Yeah so far I have put a lot of time into the house which is starting to wear me out along with my 12hr days at work. I will be a happy camper once it's almost complete, "for now". Primer and paint over the next few days, then solid oak floors going down. I wanted Brazilian Teak, but the cost simply isn't worth it at the time.

The car has been "done" for three seasons now other than a few small needs (roll cage) and wants (blower cam). But I will be able to just let the car hang out if I don't finish it which is a huge plus! The property is set up fairly well, though the back yard slopes a bit, which keeps my basement really dry, but I have plenty of room for my car trailer, the big shed thats there, a horse-shoe pit and probably a volleyball court.... beyond that and I would have to move the stone wall at the back of the yard to the furthest property line... The houses we looked at prior to this one had 1-3 acres, but they were all wet-land.

Originally Posted by BoostedLT5
I'll say congrats again haha. I have a feeling we wont be seeing the race track much next year with both of us buying houses in the last month!! I can't wait until spring so i can start building my garage!!
I hear ya man. I have to put aside money for racing now. It's not gonna be easy with the remodel, saving for the wedding, current bills and enjoying life... but we'll be more than fine!

Originally Posted by DannoWS6
Yeah my car got put on the back burner for sure. heck over the next year or so, I'm gonna pave the driveway, finish the basement, build a shed, maybe a carport.....Then when i'm done I'll probably sell it and move on. LOL That is if work ever gives me a raise...
Right on Dan. My shed needs a new roof and back wall from rain damage and negelct so thats in the plans as well! Thats just the way it goes with homes, its a never ending cycle once it starts. I know once I am done the remodel I'll start into a higher efficieny water system (currently oil heat) and probably upgrade the Central A/C!

Originally Posted by sundaydriver
It looks like a really nice "home" in a nice area. Love to see a nice house on a good piece of property rather than all the McMansions built in my area on 0.31 acres.
The area is great. I'm across the way from Luxury Condos (that you cannot see from the road), I can hit a golf ball onto the I believe its the 9th hole on the golf course down the road, theres another golf course about a mile away, a package store a mile in the other direction, fire and police are both within 2.5 miles all schools are within 4 miles.. and the hwy is roughly 3 miles away as well. So it's damn near PRIME location with a great price!
Old 12-10-2009, 10:09 PM
Launching!

Congrats Todd! Always nice to have your own place. Even with all the expenses.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:03 PM
11 Second Club

Default ....and the Truck Fits too!

I have roughly 6-8" inches at the front and back of the truck, but nonetheless it FITS in the Garage!!

Old 12-15-2009, 05:38 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

I wish my standard 20x20 was a couple feet wider and deeper all too often. Those extra 2 feet make a huge difference when you're working on a car in the winter and keeping the door closed.